Chapter 16

"America, there is no way that I am going to ask Prussia for advice!"

"I'm just saying that he's got some good tips." America shrugged.

Canada sighed and shook his head as he took a sip of coffee.

"I'm not even sure if I want to be dating again right away."

"Canada, you weren't even the person who was dumped. Move on!"

"It's not that simple!" Canada cried, clapping a hand over his mouth when he got some stares from the other people in the shop, "Sorry."

"I don't get it. How is it not simple? Cuba wasn't a good boyfriend, you leave him, you move on, you date someone better!"

"And who would you call 'someone better'?" Canada rolled his eyes, "No one knows that I exist, let alone likes me in that way."

"Cuba did."

"Hardly! He thought that I was you three quarters of the time!"

"True." America said slowly, taking a sip of his own coffee, "Bro, why do you like this place so much? The coffee tastes like water!"

"Tim Horton's has the best coffee in existence!" Canada argued.

"Whatevs. Anyways, I think that you should get back in the game! You've moped about this for a month!"

Canada went silent and America took this as an invitation to keep going,

"Look, Cuba clearly didn't deserve you. Surely you must like someone."

Pink dusted Canada's cheeks.

"Well... yes, but..."

"But what?"

"They're kind of taken..."

America smiled knowingly.

"Yeah, I get you. You should tell them anyways. You never know, maybe they're not happy in their relationship."

"I couldn't do that!' Canada exclaimed, "They are happy together!"

America laughed,

"You're too nice, Canada. You have to learn to be selfish."

"At least I'm not so self-centred that I don't notice that every other country hates me." Canada jabbed casually. The insult went right over America's head.

"Yeah, but it's still important to care about yourself."

"I care about myself. It's just hard to make it obvious when no one knows what it would look like."

America stared at Canada for a while.

"I'm sorry." He said at last, "I'm not really helping, am I?"

Canada sighed,

"Well, you did bring up some good points. I have a lot to consider, though."

"Yeah, dude. I'm glad that I could help."