Chapter 14

Poland looked up at Lithuania as he hung up.

"Are you okay, Liet?"

Lithuania looked up quickly and shook his head.

"I'm fine. I was just zoned out."

"You never do that." Poland laughed.

Lithuania smiled sheepishly.

"Yeah, well..."

A thoughtful expression settled onto Poland's face.

"You've been acting weird lately."

Lithuania sighed.

"It... it's nothing important."

"So? I want to know what it is." Poland pressed as he sat on the window sill.

Lithuania bit his lip and hesitated before answering.

"I've just been... well, when I was living at Mr. Russia's house, I started thinking about..." He paused for a moment to gather his thoughts, "You know about Mr. Russia and Estonia. Estonia and I had a conversation at one point and... and I..." Lithuania's voice trailed off and he looked away.

"You what?" Poland asked, getting worried.

"I just... I don't really know how to explain this..." Lithuania shut his eyes, "I... screw it, I-I love you, Poland."

Poland's head snapped up.

"Wait, what?!"

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have said anything! I didn't... I'm..."

"Lithuania?" Poland's voice was uncharacteristically soft, "I love you too."

Lithuania visibly calmed down, but still seemed unsure.

"I... please don't hate me, but... there's... there's another... aspect to it..." He said shakily.

Poland grinned.

"I'll bet that I know what it is." He said. Lithuania looked at him in surprise. "You like Canada too, don't you?"

"I-I... yes... b-but... I don't want... I mean, I don't want to... to have to choose... I'm sorry, that sounded stupid, didn't it?" Lithuania laughed nervously.

Poland burst out laughing.

"Liet? Have you ever heard of a polyamorous relationship?"

"N-no... don't look at me like that! I've been living at Mr. Russia's house for the past fifty years, and his bosses aren't exactly known for supporting the LGBTQ community! At least I'm assuming that has to do with polyamorous relationships. Poly means many, right?"

"I have no idea what poly means." Poland laughed, "Polyamorous means that you're in a relationship with more than one person. It's technically the opposite of monogamous, but... it, like, gets confusing."

Lithuania nodded and took a breath to calm down. He sat next to Poland on the window sill.

"We're overlooking the elephant in the room, though. Canada literally just broke up with Cuba and there is no way that he's ready for another relationship yet."

Poland considered this.

"Yeah... well, we should definitely wait for him."

"'We'? Wait, how does this work? Assuming he says yes, are we both dating Canada or am I dating you and Canada separately?"

"It's whatever we want to do. I like Canada, so I would like it if we could both date him, but if I didn't, it would also work for you to date us separately."

"Okay. That makes sense."

Poland smiled and nudged Lithuania.

"Liet? I've been waiting for over four hundred years. Can I please kiss you already?"

Lithuania turned beet red.

"U-um... yeah... yeah."

He turned around and held Poland's face with shaking hands as he leaned forward and quickly pressed a kiss against his lips.

When he pulled away after only two seconds, Poland frowned.

"'Kay, no." He wrapped his arms around Lithuania's neck and re-initiated the kiss.

A/N: Although I technically could have made this chapter much shorter by keeping it to the confession, my OCD wouldn't let me overlook the fact that Lithuania probably wouldn't know what a polyamorous relationship is, and I thought that it might be cute to have Poland (who, despite a lot of Hetalians thinking is basically just a random crossdresser, is basically gay pride personified) explain to him what it means. I'm kind of laughing at myself because I'm paranoid that this headcanon will offend people, but I myself am pansexual and I think that it makes sense, so... yeah. Canadian much? :P