HQ C.2: The Journey Ahead

Comenzar desde el principio

"I'm bored."

And with that Daichi began to grind his teeth, only to have Sugawara place headphones over his head and play a song.

Hinata, however, had managed to awaken Kageyama who currently had a vice-like grip on Hinata's head.

"Kageyama, stop it! I'll go bald!" He shouted.

"You better keep your mouth shut, dumbass." Hinata nodded swiftly and slowly Kageyama released his head.

Just as the coach began to quieten again there was a loud ping. Kageyama removed the phone from his pocket and viewed the message.

"Where are we going?"

Kageyama went to punch Hinata who easily dodged the overused move and quickly ran up the stairs where Aobajousai were seated.

Kageyama listened for a bit to the conversation, looking slightly worried for his partner but soon enough the talking hushed and he was settling into his chair, letting his midnight blue eyes drift shut again.

The second floor of the coach had indeed begun to quieten down, with Hinata sitting on Oikawa's knees whilst talking animatedly about Nekoma and Fukurodani.

Iwaizumi had tuned out of what Hinata was saying and was instead watching Oikawa's face with mild interest, an eyebrow slightly raised at the big chocolate eyes that sparkled at the mention of new, tough opponents. Gone was his usual silly, fake grin and instead a look of wonder had settled on his features.

Hinata on the other hand was slowly growing tired and began to mumble and stumble over his words, the gleam in his eyes began to fade as a massive yawn escaped from his mouth.

A warm smile spread across Oilawa's lips and he smoothly pulled the now dozing Hinata off his knees and was about to place him on his back when a hand gently grabbed his bicep, " I got him."

Iwaizumi quickly hoisted Hinata onto his back and walked down the stairs to place him next to Kageyama who glanced up an nodded, his ears covered with headphones whilst his midnight blue eyes flitted around and eyebrows knitted firmly in what seemed to be a scowl. Iwaizumi prodded him lightly and then the scowl had loosened and his eyes were fixed on Hinata, the ace smiled slightly and then walked back upstairs and sat down.

Oikawa promptly placed his head in Iwaizumi's lap and smiled up at him, "I think you love your biceps more than me, not that I can blame you." Oikawa pouted dramatically and then grinned when Iwaizumi ruffled his brown locks, "of course not, idiot."

Downstairs Sugawara opened a dreary eye and slowly pulled his head off Daichi's shoulder who turned and smiled at him, "morning sunshine."

Sugawara blushed lightly, "Hinata is definitely more of a sunshine than me. Speaking of the sunshine child, how are our freak duo?"

Daichi grinned and pointed at the pair seated in front of them, currently fast asleep. Their heads leaning against each other, ginger and black locks intertwining. Sugawara smiled slightly and the glanced out of the window.

The tall grey buildings that had been looming over them had been replaced by green fields. A gasp left his mouth at the raw beauty causing Daichi to smile and then place a hand on the glass where he pointed to a massive mansion.

"That is Tokushu Academy."

The few members of the team awake leaned out of their seats trying to get a good look at the school.

Tokushu Academy was obviously a school for the privileged, it's massive exterior obvious even from far away. It was surrounded by a swarm of old looking buildings and behind the school, just a bit before the horizon was the looming skyline of Tokyo.

Daichi suddenly lurched towards Sugawara as they turned yet another sharp corner on the winding roads of the countryside.

Sugawara's eyes glinted with mischief as he let himself fall onto the captain, all of his body weight pressing Daichi against the window.

"Sorry, can't fight all these sharp turns."

Daichi raised an eyebrow as his face lit up with joy, his eyes shining and his smile wide, "No, I guess one can't."

Then pushing Sugawara back he flopped his head into the setter's lap, sticking his tongue out with one eye open.

"Ryu, don't look now but Mum and Dad are flirting, again." Nishinoya had wedged his face in the gap between the two chairs in front of him where Tanaka was laid outstretched across the two with his back leaning against the window.

Tanaka grinned and looked up from his phone, staring at the pair who were on the opposite aisle to him, sitting in front of a sleeping Tsukushima and Yamaguchi.

"T-Tanaka, don't stare too long if the captain notices you'll make him mad." Asahi mumble and Nishinoya placed a hand on the ace's shoulder, "Nothing is gonna bring those two lovebirds back to the present," he stopped mid sentence at the sound of Hinata and Kageyama fighting, " apart from maybe that?" Asahi finished.

Kageyama was in a mood, the storm reflected in the pure rage in his eyes. Kageyama had been rudely awoken yet again by Hinata sneezing.

"Oi dumbass, wake up." The air conditioner was blasting above Hinata who shivered slightly and moved his body closer to Kageyama who's eye began to twitch with rage, "IF YOU DO NOT WAKE UP NOW IM GONNA KILL YOU DUMBASS!"

A honey brown eye opened slowly and then the other, Hinata groaned slightly as he stretched his arms and legs waking himself up, suddenly realisation hit him and he grabbed Kageyama's collar causing their foreheads to collide, "WHAT DID YOU JUST CALL ME?"

The fight began to escalate but was brought to a complete halt the coach pulled up outside the academy.

"Gwaah!" Hinata's hands went limp dropping the fistfuls of Kageyama's hair he had been yanking.

The doors swung open and as the boys walked off the coach they were hit with a blast of hot summer and the sound of cicadas.

30/10/15

Vote/Comment/Share/Follow