Chapter 11- I'm Sorry

I've heard Joey call my phone like 80 times. I'm busy. After he stopped calling about an hour ago, i started looking and listening to all of his voicemails.

"Hey Melanie, i was calling to say that i am sorry that i snapped at you."

"Hey, you haven't answered yet but i am determined to keep calling until you do."

"Hey, i'm sorry and i need your help. I got lost when i stormed out and now it's getting dark and cold and i hear footsteps all around me like things are circling me."

"I'm up in a tree now. There are wolves under this tree. They have glowing eyes and they don't look very friendly. I need you."

Ugh, Joey why do you have to mess everything up?

"Cassie, tell your sisters that i am going to help daddy get some food. I will be back soon."

"Okay , mommy. Don't be too long."

"I won't darling."

'i hope.' i thought as i walked away

After a while of following his scent, i heard voices. So, i hid behind and up a tree and started listening. It was Joey and some dude.

"Joey, you can't be in that tree all night."

"Yes, i can. Melanie is coming for me. I can feel it. She is near."

'He can feel me?' i thought as i continued to listen to the conversation

"Melanie, oh Melanie. She's not coming. You walked out on her. You left her. You left her like you left your family a few years ago. Remember that? The sound of burning wood, the sound of the screams of pain and agony. You remember, i know you do."

"That was a long time ago, Revan."

"Was it, brother? I've been following you, watching you if you want."

"Why?"

"So i could get you to this spot and let your girlfriend know your darkest and deepest secrets."

"Melanie? Where is she?"

"Come down from the trees, girl. We all know that you are up there."

"What do you want with him, Revan?" i said while jumping out of my tree

"I don't want him. I want something that i can keep with me forever. Like you."

"How about no."

"How about yes!" He said. He got some vial of glowing yellow liquid out of his pocket and poured some into his hand. Once he had a lot of it in his hand, he ran at super-speed towards me. My human body wasn't able to react quickly enough to stop him so the liquid went all over me. Immediately, i knew what it was. Sun drop tears, they make you forget things. Everything. Or at least, until the curser wants you to remember things again. My mind is blank. My body is not reacting to my brain. I'm panicking a little bit.

"Melanie Farro, you are now my slave. Follow me home and bring the man tied up to the tree with you."