Chapter 10- Help

Joey called me like an hour after i called him. I was trying to decipher boys from girls without doing the obvious things.
"Hey Melanie! Sorry that i missed your call. I was out hunting with wolf and I didn't have my phone."
"It's okay, now that you live in the big city. It must be hard to have me out here in the woods and you like 20 miles away in an apartment."
"So, what's the emergency. It sounded pretty urgent."
"Umm, how about i tell you the story while we sort things out."
"Okay, be there in like 30 minutes."
"Kay." I said, hanging up.
He was here in like 25 minutes. After giving him detailed information on how to find it.
"Wow, this is a lot of children! How do you have so many?"
"These aren't mine." I said while looking at the same rowdy bunch of kids he was. "Those are my girls." I said while pointing to my daughters who were sitting on their beds.
"Of course. Why do you need me?"
"Long story or short?"
"Long, and explanatory."
"First though, children! Boys go to the left wall. Girls go to the right!" They all did as they were commanded.
"Joey, you sort and help the boys."
"What do I do? I haven't done this before!"
"Me neither. Just help the boys get morphed back into human form and help them into the right size everything. They're all new to this."
"I'll try my best."
After a little while of silence i began to tell him the story. I explained that the kids had been napped, the 14 hour hike to get them, and the way back till now.
"That's a lot to handle. Do you think that there were any survivors?"
"Joey," i said while looking at the sad faves of the children. "This is not a time to speak of this."
"Then when is the time?" He snapped
"Do NOT snap at me. You are in no power to snap. If you want to snap, go snap some tree branches. For the love of God! Do not snap at me!"
"Fine, whatever. I'm out." He said while walking out of the cave. Some friend.
"Momma?" Cassie came up to me and sat on my lap. "What's wrong with him? And why did he leave us?"
"I don't know darling, but he will be back because he can't stand to be away from you. He did have to leave though. He was stressed and he needs to check on his pack."
"His pack?"
"He has a family too."