Chapter Three - She bakes Cupcakes

Chapter Three

I haven’t had the chance to talk to Angie very much lately.   Whenever I see her, the boys are always there and seem to take up most of our time.   What an amazing woman she is.   Why couldn’t I have met someone like her when I decided to marry that bitch Linda?    Angie is warm and caring; she treats my son better than his own Mother does.   I get butterflies every time I see her.   I want to ask her out, like maybe for dinner, but I don’t know how she’ll respond.    The two boys are glued at the hip, they are always together.   Either they are here at my house, or next door.  Personally, I like coming home and finding Tyler next door.  It’s my excuse to go over and get him; I get a few minutes with Angie.

“So……have you been spending time with Angie” asked Naomi.  

I blushed…….she laughed and she knew right there how I felt.    “I knew it, I just knew it!” exclaimed Naomi, “I knew that one day my big brother would stop dating bimbos and find a really wonderful woman”.   “So when are you going to ask her out” Naomi asking with a big grin on her face, sipping her coffee.  

“Well, I’m not sure, I need to get to know her more Nai, and I don’t know what happened in her marriage, but it was something awful” said Josh.   “I brought up her marriage not long ago and she became visibly upset.   I didn’t press her on it, I didn’t want her to feel more uncomfortable then she was already feeling”.

 “Josh I’m pretty sure something awful did happened in her marriage, you need to go slow with her, but believe me, she will be worth the effort.   I mentioned her marriage once to her as well, she really doesn’t like to talk about it.   She told me the same as she told you, that it wasn’t very good.  She’s happy to be divorced from Thomas, that much I do know.    You know, Tyler talks not stop about Angie, he’s really getting attached to her.   I think that he already loves her like a Mother, like the Mother that he’s missing” replied Naomi.

“Yea, I know Nai, Tyler is always going on and on about Angie.   What she’s cooking, what she’s doing, I have to laugh at how much I know what goes on next door from my chatterbox son.  You mention Angie’s name and his eyes light up.    I know that he’s missing a Mother figure, Rosalina helps out as much as she can, but it’s not her job to Mother Tyler.  I mean she’s there for him if he needs her, but that’s not really her job.”

I picked out a beautiful bouquet of flowers for Angie, I wanted to get her something for taking Tyler to school and because he’s always next door with Nicholas.   I know that he’s next door right now, gee….I’m so nervous.   I’ve been talking more and more with Angie over the last few weeks, she’s seems more comfortable around me.    The four of us have had dinner at her house a couple more times, that woman can sure cook.   I just need to give her something as a thank you.     I didn’t know what kinds of flowers that she liked, I thought of roses, but I love red roses and getting her red ones is sort of not appropriate right now.   I decided on a mixed bouquet of flowers in pinks, purples, whites and greens.   

Knock, knock………….

”Um…Angie, it’s me Josh………where are you guys?”  

“Daddy……..we are in the kitchen” yelled Tyler.