Chapter 12 Secrets

Start from the beginning

He did come again. She had been training for a while. He leaned against a tree and watched her.  
“Are you studying my skills to try and take me on?” Taryn asked.
“Maybe,” Kakashi said, “would you take the challenge?”
She eyed him for a moment. She had heard rumors about him. He had been gone from the village for a while, but now he had come back. “Is it true that you possess Sharingan?” she asked.   
      Kakashi smirked. “Care to find out?” he asked.
Taryn’s gaze went to his hitai-ate, that covered one of his eyes. A small smile was around her lips. “Why not?” She took a fighting stance.
He was a long range fighter, she could do both, but her Byakugan would come in handy here. Also, if he did possess Sharingan… well… it was not as if it was her first encounter with that eye-jutsu.
She charged at him, her Byakugan activated. He was fast, evaded her attack, but she had counted on that and changed direction the last second. She dodged his blow and came up behind him. She hit is back and the back of his knee. He gasped in surprise and buckled. ‘Fast’, he thought. He rolled away from her when she threw some shuriken in his direction. Right after, he had to dodge one of her windblades. ‘Of course, a wind user’, But before he could think of a counter attack she threw a kunai dagger in his direction. He gasped. Taryn paused. An amused smile plastered on her face.
“I really thought I wouldn’t have to use it,” Kakashi said, “But I have to give it to you. You’re very good.”
“I told you,” Taryn answered, “I know. I was made Jounin at the age of nine after all.”
     “Hm,” Kakashi said, “you beat me by three years then.”
“That so? Standards must be low then in Konoha.”
Kakashi shot her an angry look. He uncovered his left eye and the Sharingan activated. Lighting surrounded his right arm. “You need a lesson in respect.” He came at her with enormous speed. Taryn dodged at the last moment, but barely got away. She jumped up and launched a windattack, but he was already gone. When she didn’t find him, she scanned her surroundings with Byakugan. No one was there.
‘Impossible,’ Taryn thought. Suddenly there was a mist creeping across the forest and everything went silent ‘Genjutsu,’ She formed a handseal. “Kai release.”
Kakashi stood in front of her “Impressive,” he said.
Taryn raised an eyebrow. “So, are you going to give me a real fight now?”

He was good with his Sharingan, even without belonging to the Uchiha clan, but not as good as the real thing. He did manage to wear her out though. ‘You’re not so bad yourself,” Taryn complimented, supporting herself against a tree. Kakashi panted heavily.
“Thank you,” he said. He covered his Sharingan again. Using it too long was exhausting for him.  
Taryn nodded and turned to face the tree. Focusing her chakra to her feet, she set one foot on against the bark and tried to climb up. It should have been an easy exercise, but the bark splintered under her feet and she fell down. Two strong arms caught her before she hit the ground.
“Careful now,” Kakashi said.
Taryn growled and struggled free from him. “You put too much chakra in your feet,” Kakashi pointed out.
“I know how to do this, thank you,” Taryn said annoyed, “we have this exercise in Suna too.”     
“Rocks are not the same as trees,” Kakashi commented. Taryn gritted her teeth. Such a stupid mistake was embarrassing. Kakashi chuckled and Taryn narrowed her eyes at him.
“It’s not funny.”
“No of course not,” he said innocently. He took her hands crosswise. “Come on,” he said, “lean on me. I’ve got you.”
After a moment of mental arguing she gave in. She could use some allies here. Leaning on his hands, she pushed herself off and tried again. This time she had the right amount of chakra. “See?” Kakashi smiled.
Taryn snorted. “Just shut up,” she snapped. To her surprise he chuckled and she found herself laughing  too. He wasn’t that bad. He was actually good company.
“So again tomorrow?” he asked while lifting her off the tree.

He walked her back to the compound. A the front entrance however, Taryn pulled him away around the back.
“What…?”
“Shh,” Taryn hushed him and stepped into the shadows. She set her foot against the wall and walked towards her window. “How about tomorrow we train by daylight?” she asked from the windowsill. Kakashi shook off his confusion.
“Ehh… sure… meet me at the forest edge then… noon?”
“Sure,” Taryn said and vanished inside.