Chapter II

English

Thought

Normal

*******************

Aya POV

'Nee-chan wake up! Please wake up! Papa! Mama! Help us!'

I suddenly woke up panting. What time is it? I stared at the clock and it was 2 in the morning. I sigh

I've been dreaming that incident ever since Chiro-chan told me about Kuni-chan's injury, and it's been 3 days already. I wanted to confront him about it but for some reason I'm scared. And I sigh again.

Time skip>>

I arrived at my class yawning.

"Good morning, Aya-chan" Shu-chan greeted.

"Good morning, and good morning to you too, Eiji"I said looking at him. He just smiled back. Ever since I came back Eiji acts different towards me. He is quieter than being energetic. But if he is around others he comes back being the happy go lucky Eiji that I know. I yawn again and I was caught by Shu-chan.

"Didn't sleep well last night?" he asked.

"Yeah, I woke up at 2 in the morning then I couldn't sleep back"

"Did you have a nightmare?"

"Well you could say that" and the teacher came and started the class.

It's more like a bad memory.

Time skip>>

Aya POV

Classes have ended for the day and everyone went to their respective clubs. I was a bit late since the teacher asked me to help sort out the printouts. I ran towards the tennis cub and I arrived at the court panting. I saw Sada-chan holding a glass of brown colored drink that looks like a tea, I suddenly took it and drink it in one go. I heard some people gasped.

"That hit the spot. Thanks Sada-chan" I said and stared at him. He just stared me back surprised.

"Aya, are you ok?" I heard Chiro-chan asked worried.

"Huh? Of course I am. Why?" I asked.

"Aya-senpai, do you feel anything strange after drinking that?" Momo-chan asked.

"What do you mean? It was delicious, though it leaves a bit of a bitter aftertaste" I tilted my head. And everyone sweat drop.

"What are you all doing? Continue practice" Kuni-chan said.

"Hai" and they continued practice.

I just stared at Kuni-chan then all of a sudden he gripped his left arm. Is he in pain? I thought then went to him. It is now or never.

"Kuni-chan" I said.

"What is it?"

"Are you injured?" I asked. He just froze.

"What do you mean? I'm perfectly fine" he answered not looking at me.

"I heard you were injured after I left. Ne~ Kuni-chan if it's hurting you I could tell Papa to look at your injury, he can still heal you, you know. I don't want to see you in pain" I said with teary eyes.

"No. I can't just go and leave them especially when the tournament is approaching".

"But Kuni...." I said.

"I'm willing to sacrifice, even if it's my arm. Because we did promise to go to the nationals" he said.

"Of course we promised that, but...but if it's your arm... you won't be able to play tennis anymore if it breaks. I don't want you to end up like that" I said and I started crying.