𝐱𝐯𝐢. THERE'S SOMETHING ABOUT JANELLE

Start from the beginning

Just as Elena was about to answer, I cut her off, "Nothing. Elena was just leaving."

I walked past them and went up the stairs to go to my bedroom. I plopped down onto the bed and grabbed my phone off the charger. The doorknob twisted, letting Stefan and Elena in.

"Yeah, sure. Just come right in," I said, sarcastically.

"Janelle, there is no good reason why you and I shouldn't be able to sit down with each other and have a conversation."

"I got a good reason," I mentioned.

"Which is?" she asked.

"I don't like you," I smiled sarcastically.

She put her hands on her hips. "Really? You can't think of one thing you like about me?"

"I like when you're sad," I commented.

"Janelle," Stefan shook his head.

I ignored him and continued to scroll through my phone. Elena started speaking again, but I was only semi-listening. "We had a good friendship, Janelle. Don't you miss that?"

"No," I answered. "In fact, I like the way things are. You know, I make your life a living hell, while you sit back, not being able to do anything because I'm your boyfriend's little sister," I smirked. "Isn't that fun?"

"No. It's not," she said.

I wasn't going to be easy on Elena about this. If she wanted to be friends with me, she was going to have to work for it. Plus, it's also highly unlikely that I would even consider being friends with her again, so this should be interesting.

"All right. Just calm down," Stefan said to Elena, placing a hand on her shoulder when he saw how angry she was getting.

"Why should I calm down?" she asked Stefan. "I've done nothing to her."

"Uh, correction, missy. You have done everything," I snapped. "You tore my brothers apart. They couldn't even stand to be in the same room together, let alone speak to one another. Honestly, you're no better than Katherine."

"Okay, I admit that I did play a big role in that, and I apologize," she said sincerely. "But since then, everything's been fixed."

"Because of me," I emphasized. "There wouldn't have been anything to fix if you never came into their lives in the first place."

Stefan and Damon both came to the point where they couldn't even stand to be in the same room as each other. At the time, I was still angry with Damon for what he did years ago, so I didn't care about them fighting. But it got way too far for me, so after I forgave him, I forced them to talk it out.

"Janelle, that's enough," Stefan spoke sternly as I narrowed my eyes on him. "She's not the only one to blame here."

"What are you even talking about?"

"You constantly try to sabotage anything that involves Elena. There's no one here that wants to kill her more than you do, and you know it."

"Beg to differ, baby bro," I said. "Rebekah wants her dead just as bad as me." He sighed deeply. "Oh, come on. Whatever I've done to her has been nothing, but completely harmless."

"You almost burned me alive once," Elena mentioned.

I whipped my head in her direction with a hard glare. "Yeah, and I almost drove a stake through your heart. But are you hurt? No."

Elena seemed to become frightened by my words because she took a step back. Stefan walked closer to me with a worried expression. "Janelle."

"God, what now?" I harshly spat at him.