[pt.12] The Foretelling

Start from the beginning

I woke up.

My vision was a bit blur. I tried to focus and was able to make out that I was in a small circular room with one large open window facing the blue sky obscured by gloomy grey clouds, and I was tied to a chair! Panic hit me as I tried to wriggled myself free, but no use; the rope was too tight it actually hurted my arms just above the elbows. I sighed in frustration.

"You're awake." A cold dreamlike voice greeted me.

I looked around, startled to realize I wasn't the only one in the room. Someone tall and slim, with dark purple robe stepped in front of me, blocking my view to the outside world. His long black hair was like a dark veil concealed part of his face, and I could see an amethyst eye peering through strands of hair-an eye right in the middle of his forehead! I was too shocked to say anything.

"Hmm.." the dreamlike voice hummed as the amethyst eye observed my face throroughly. Now I noticed his two normal eyes were dead grey; was he blind? No, I was sure he could see well enough, only not in the way most humans see. I held my breath. Who was this man, and what did he intend to do with me? I couldn't take a guess; I didn't dare. "I see...dark blue instead of crimson red." He murmured and flicked his fingers-his long bony fingers with unnaturally pale skin. To my surprise, the rope around me loosened instantly and fell to the floor. I looked down and quickly tightened the shawl around my shoulders to cover the front of my dress that was torn.

The man then glided across the room (yes, he didn't seem to touch the ground) and I turned my head around to follow him. The room appeared to be some kind of office; with one bookshelf, one cabinet, one desk and another chair. The mysterious man sat on the chair behind the desk.

I snapped myself out of my petrified state and managed to ask weakly, "Excuse me, but who are you and where am I..?"

"My name is Uriel and this is my chamber." He answered calmly while I, once again, was shocked.

I jumped from the chair and hastily made a bow. "My Lord! Please forgive me..!" How should I know this man was one of the great generals! He didn't look like a warrior at all; did he ever went to the battlefield himself?

"Pray sit down." Lord Uriel waved his left hand, making the chair turned around on its own. I sat down waryly, noticing that he was an advanced magic user-he didn't even need a spell. "It is I who should apologize to you." Said Lord Uriel, "I had to knock you unconscious and..disarm you." He gestured towards a knife on the desk. I could distinguish it as a bread knife.

I gasped; Oh no, what did I do..did I lost my time again? I remembered I was locked in an old cupboard by Lady Gabriel..then what happened? How did I manage to get out? How did I end up in Lord Uriel's chamber? Was it me who bring the knife? Why..and what did I do with it?? There're so many questions in my head; who could give me the answers? I was terribly frustrated.

"My Lord, could you tell me..how I came here in the first place..? and the knife...did I bring it here..?" great. I couldn't even pose a sensible question.

Lord Uriel rested his elbows on the desk and slowly wove his fingers. "I foresaw your coming here." He said in a mysterious tone. "Therefore I foresaw your failure in killing me today."

I tried to kill him??! I stared at him in shock, my hand flew to my open mouth. Somehow, a small part of me had already known, but his confirmation still came as a big hit to me. First Lord Mikael, now Lord Uriel-what was wrong with me??

"Worry not about the past." Said Lord Uriel cooly. "You should be worried about the future. I foresaw your being a threat to this kingdom."

"I..am a threat?" I croaked; my throat felt so dry and my head began to spin. "But how...? I'm just a mere healer..."

"Are you sure about that?" asked Lord Uriel nonchalantly. I didn't answer. 'No, I'm not sure. I know nothing about my past..and I need to know. I need a way to regain my memory..'

"I need to find out about my past.." I spoke out my mind. I felt coldness running down my spine, making me shiver, and there's a cold stone weighing down my stomach. I was afraid, very much, but I knew I couldn't move on if my past still haunting me.

"I am not the one to see into the past." Lord Uriel stated. "Yet I can tell you one more thing.." I looked at him waryly, preparing myself for the worst. He looked back at me, his amethyst eye creeping me out. "You may find the answers you seek in the underworld." He said slowly. To me, his voice was like coming from another world. I wasn't even sure he was talking to me.

My head was spinning faster. Again I was at a lost for words. The underworld? The world of the demons? How could I possibly go there without being ripped apart by its inhabitants?

"The time will come." Lord Uriel pulled me out of my own thoughts. "For now I suggest you leave, and greet your husband down the stairs before he come up here and tear down my chamber with his burning rage."

***

Is this a revelation? Or more confusion? Aww..I'm sorry if I confuse you..please don't hex me =p ..review, comment and vote are welcome though..^^; Lotsa thanks for putting up with me this far..please keep reading..! xoxo