Chapter 6 You'll Be Safe

As Yato and you walked along, you could see the sky begin to darken. You became uneasy about what might foll- RUMBLE (A/N: Those are thunder sounds, kay? 😆)

Yato looked up and you jumped out of your skin. Yato heard your thoughts. They yelled "I'm afraid of lightning storms!". Yato gave you that look, and your head immediately went down.

"My, my. You're afraid of a lot of things, aren't you?" Yato smiled jokingly.

You felt hot years well in your eyes. 'Maybe I am a failure. Yukine's way braver than I am. Why did he ever think I was a good partner?' You thought pitifully.

Yato heard you starting to sniffle and brushed your (H/C) hair behind your ear. "Hey...I wasn't trying to make fun of you. I'm sorry if I hurt you."

The tears refused to follow your will and streamed from your eyes.

Yato pulled you into his chest. "This really wasn't too peaceful...was it?"

You shook your head and continued to cry into his chest

Yato hugged you tight and picked you up bridal style.

RUMBLE

You flinched and squealed, beginning to shake. Yato took your hand and squeezed it, cooing, "Let's go find a place to get out of this storm, ok? We'll be safe in a cabin I found while I was walking about one Sunday."

You nodded your head frantically, right now, you'd go anywhere to escape this storm.
                    ///////////////
Yato opened the door to an abandoned, yet sturdy cabin. There were a few leaks in the ceiling and it was rather chilly, but overall it was quite cozy. Yato sat you down by the fireplace and attempted to start a fire. He was partially successful; the flames weren't very large or useful.

You curled up beside it, trying to get warm. Your skin was becoming very pale. It was already winter and the rain didn't make matters any better for your body temperature.

Yato's blue eyes drifted over to your (E/C) ones. He could see your body shaking and the cold in your eyes. He walked over and asked quietly, "Are you cold?"

You shakily nodded. Yato slowly sat beside you and wrapped his arm around you.

You jumped when another crash of lightning sounded off. Yato squeezed your hand.

"Shhhh. It's okay. I'm right here...I'm here." Yato reassured you, holding you closer each time you became frightened.

This went on for a while until the storm quieted into a steady rain. You were lulled to sleep in Yato's arms by his scent, warmth, and the sound of the gentle rain.

Yato stared at your sleeping face and slowly lay back with you on his chest. He tried to get up to go get blankets for you, but you let out a little, sleepy groan and gently grabbed his shirt where he wouldn't leave. Yato blushed and smiled.

Yato kissed your forehead and whispered, "Don't worry...you're safe."