Chapter 1 The Search

Hello there my friends, this is my very first fan fic, and I hope you enjoy! Read till your heart's content!

Yato, Hiyori, and Yukine were sitting silently in an alley. Yukine was petting a stray cat and getting bitten every 5 minutes when he decided to pet the tom under the belly.

"Would you knock it off?! I can feel every single nibble he's giving you, ya know?" Yato exclaimed, finally loosing his cool.

"Calm down, Yato! He's only a kid!" Hiyori intervened. Neither of them listened.

"Sorry, Yato. My mistake." Yukine said in a smart ass tone. "I guess I'll just have to make it better." Yukine slapped the cat in the head and it began to attack his hand. Yato cried out in pain.

"STOP IT ALREADY! YOU KNOW WHAT YUKINE, IM TIRED OF YOUR GARBAGE, WHY DONT YOU JUST GET LOST?" Yato yelled at the top of his lungs. It was a wonder that all of Tokyo didn't here him.

"Yato!" Hiyori gasped.

"Fine, I think I will leave. Why don't you do the honor of releasing me then, almighty Yato?" Yukine snarled.

"My pleasure." Yato glared at Yukine, then began to write "Yuki" in the air. The word faded (A/N: I'm pretty sure it fades...I may be wrong) and Yukine was released. He stuck his tongue out at Yato and left the alley, ignoring Hiyori's calls.

"Look what you just did! " Hiyori yelled.

Yato shrugged, "Don't worry, Hiyori, he'll be back in a month or so. For now, however, I must find another regalia to take his place."

Hiyori stared at Yato for a moment, then rolled her eyes. "Whatever." She grumbled.
----------------------------------------------
That Night
----------------------------------------------

Yato and Hiyori walked down the silent backroads under the moonlight.

"So, where do you expect to find a regalia?" Hiyori asked.

Yato shrugged and blinked, "I don't know. I suppose here. This is where we found Yukine, after all."

Suddenly, Hiyori fell forward onto the ground. Yato rolled his eyes in annoyance because Hiyori's soul had slipped once more.

Hiyori pushed herself up and wiggled her pink tail. "This again." She groaned.

Hiyori and Yato walked on through the back roads. There was a sudden shimmer of (Favorite color) in a cluster of shadows. Yato stopped and turned around quickly to face the shining light.

"What is it, Yato?" Hiyori asked.

Yato pointed his finger over towards the shadows. "Do you see that?" He asked. "It's a female, about (age) years old, perfect for a regalia. She's strong." Yato commented, staring deeply at the (favorite color) ball of light.

Yato and Hiyori walked closer to the ball of light until they were about 20 feet away from it. Yato began to spell out a name in the air. "(Y/N) I summon you to be my regalia!" (A/N:probably not the exact words) He pushed the words forward and the ball of light transformed into a beautiful girl(you) in a long, white dress.

"She-she's so gorgeous." Hiyori stuttered. They walked towards you slowly and you stared at them with tired, half lidded eyes.

"Hello there, little one." Hiyori smiled at you. You nervously smiled back, then turned your attention to Yato who was smirking at you.

"Well, it's nice to meet you, (Y/N). I am the almighty God, Yato. You should be honored to be my new regalia.
----------------------------------------------
Thanks a bunch for reading! Please leave a comment and tell me how I did and if you'd like more chapters.