Chapter 5 My Greatest Fear

"What a beautiful sunrise!" You exclaimed happily as you walked along with Yato through the city. You two had decided to head into the wood this morning to take a peaceful walk away from the city Ruckus.

"I know." Yato smiled, looking at the horizon. 

It was about 4:00 in the morning, so you and Yato had the streets to yourself for the most part.

"Finally! I thought we'd never get here!" You laughed as the wood finally came into view.

"We've been walking for 3 minutes." Yato raised an eyebrow as he said this.

"I tend to exaggerate." You shrugged before dashing ahead to the edge of the wood.

Yato rolled his eyes with a slight smile and raced after you.
                    ///////////////
"It's so beautiful and big!" You exclaimed, throwing your arms up in excitement. This made Yato blush at your adorableness.

"Yeah. It's my favorite forest to walk in. Everything is beautiful, especially the sounds." Yato sighed happily as he walked to your side.

You looked up at him and he held out his hand, "Shall we?"

You nodded and took his hand and the both of you headed down the forest path.

Yato and you walked slowly down the path until you came to a gaping river. That was one of the fears Yato never knew you had....until he heard your thoughts.

"You're afraid of water...aren't you?" He asked

You nodded sheepishly.

Yato squeezed your hand. "Don't worry.  I'll carry you over, ok?"

"Ok..." You agreed quietly. Yato picked you up bridal style and jumped over the wide creek. It was slightly amazing as no human could make that jump, but you knew he was a god, so it wasn't shocking.

When Yato landed, he let you down. "You ok?" He asked, looking into your shimmering, (E/C) eyes.

"Yeah. Thanks for that."

Yato winked at you. "No problem." He said with a smile and an extended hand. You took it and continued through the wood with him.

You could feel your heart beating fast when he carried your body and held you close like that. His warm hands made you blush. Though you hated to admit it....you were falling for him.
//////////////////////////////////
I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter and thanks a bunch for reading! I know that many of you (including myself) are now on Fall Break, so I decided to give you an update while I was sitting here being bored. I hope you like it and have great weekend! Peace!
                                    -Spade♠️