|5|

"So you are planning to use Bonnie Bennet who is also Emily at the moment to release the long lost love of your life who has been stuck in a tomb for some 150 years. Did I get all that right?" I say, stepping lightly through the leaves in the darkening woods.

"Yeah, you got it all right. I don't even know why I'm telling you this. Great." Damon sighs next to me.

"It's not like I would tell anyone," I speak, looking over to him, "I mean, yeah, you are about to release a bunch of bloodthirsty vampires from a tomb, but at least you'll be happy, which you never are, so I wouldn't take that away from you." I say, looking him in the eye.

Damon raises his eyebrow, trying to read me. I can see in his eyes that he believes me. I turn and keep walking, starting to see the tomb area.

"So is this where you suck the blood out of me and hide my body? Perfect place, nobody would hear my screams." I say, smirking.

Damon chuckles, turning to me, his fangs showing and veins popping out around his eyes. I show a look of fake terror before laughing loudly.

"Nah, this isn't my ideal place to hide a body." he says, and I shrug.

I walk towards the big rock supposedly holding a bunch of old vampires. Putting my hand on the cold rock, I frown.

"How do you know they are still in here?" I ask skeptically. 

"It was sealed by a witch, and who would've voluntarily opened a tomb full of vampires?" Damon replies.

"You would." I state, looking over at him.

He nods before examining the area. I have gotten closer to Damon over the past several weeks, and I must say he is kind of a psycho, but so am I, so we make great friends. He's been a lot like a big brother to me, but sometimes I wonder if he is only friends with me because I look like his ex. I mean, I do look different than my sister, she looks like Katherine the most, I've seen the picture.

"Are you only friends with me because I look similar to her?" I ask, looking into his eyes.

Something flashes in his eyes before he responds, "No. I mean, at first I think so, it was relieving, but you are a cool gal. Plus, you don't look all that much like her, Elena does." He says, keeping eye contact with me.

"Well it might not be the reason you are friends with me, but what about why you like Elena?" I say, catching him off guard.

His eyebrows raise, before he regains his composure. "I don't like Elena." he says quickly.

I laugh, seeing through him. "Maybe you don't want to, or maybe even you don't realize it, but you've got something for her. It's small right now, but it's there." I say, and he frowns.

"No." he says, before turning around.

I roll my eyes, before wondering why we are even here. This isn't the day that he is opening the tomb.

"Why are we even here?" I ask lamely.

"Making sure there aren't any witchy tricks right here," he says, before walking over to me "and there aren't any, so lets get going."

I give him a 'what the hell' look. I came here for nothing, that was worth like two hours of Netflix! He just smirks at me, and we make out way all the two miles through the darkening forest to his car. I sigh loudly, and Damon just rolls his eyes at me, continuing. Does he seriously think I'm about to walk my lazy butt all the way back to the car when he is a vampire? Ugh, men...

I sigh again, louder this time, and he finally turns around, giving me a look before coming in front of me and turning around again, so I can jump on his back. I smile before jumping up, and watch the forest flash by me in a mix of colors before we are back at the car. Damon stops abruptly, making me fall backwards and on my booty.