|4|

I smirk as I walk out of the house, Elena behind me. Oh, how I can't wait to see her reaction to my car. She turns around to lock the door, and I walk down the steps, nearing my car. I look back at Elena as she now faces the driveway. 

Her eyes widen as she takes in the appearance of the car, then her face shows confusion.

"Who's car is that?" she says, tilting her head to the side.

I laugh as I look her in the eye. She won't believe me when I tell her it's mine, but maybe she will when I drive away in it.

"It's mine." I say happily, and she roll her eyes.

"I'll ask Jenna who's it is later, maybe she knows." she says, acting like I never said it is mine.

She clearly doesn't believe me, as I knew she wouldn't, so I pull out my car keys, pressing the button that unlocks it. I appreciate that button, my old car was... old, and didn't have a lot of things that this one does. Well, this one has more than most cars anyways.

I walk up to it and open the door, looking back at Elena's shocked face.

"No need, I think you know who's it is now." I say with a smile.

I sit down in the car and put the keys in ignition, turning them so the car is now on. I put the car into reverse and pull out of the driveway, rolling my window down and waving at Elena as I drive away. She just stands there with her mouth wide open.  I then close the window.

I pull into the driveway, all eyes on the car, and I smile. When I get out of the car, I lock it and walk inside the building, a little pep in my step. Yay, now that I have made my grand entrance, I have to deal with a long day of school.

~

Finally school is over, and I can get out of this ugly building. The hallways are crowded with people, and I'm required to literally push through the hall. I finally make it out of the building, walking to my car and getting in.

When I pull out of my spot, I get out of the parking lot as fast as I can, trying to avoid traffic. When I succeed in getting home, I happily whoop. I go up to my room and close my door. I get on my phone, and do random activities on it for several minutes. I look at the time and realize it has been a whole lot more than several minutes. It's almost dinner time. My goodness, the evil of phones.

I hear a light tap on my door, and I look over to it.

"Come in." I say, turning my phone off.

Elena walks in to my room and I sigh, I wonder what she wants now. She looks at me with tears in her eyes, and I cock my head to the side slightly. What would she be crying about? Maybe it's mom and dad, although she hasn't cried about that in a while.

"You were right," she says, her voice cracking.

Now I'm really confused. What am I right about? Well, everything, but what was I right about in her eyes?

"About Stefan." she  finishes, and I realize what she's talking about now.

I get a little but flustered. He probably showed it to her. If she had just believed her own sister in the first place, she probably wouldn't be crying right now.

"Well, I know. But that doesn't really matter, considering you didn't even believe me when I told you." I say, anger in my voice.

She looks hurt. How is she going to be hurt by me saying that, when it's just the plain truth. I look away from Elena, not really wanting to deal with her at the moment.

"Well it sounded ridiculous, and you play games with people all the time. I thought you were trying to trick me." she says, and I scoff.

"If I was playing a game, I would use something easier to believe, not vampires. Elena, you will have to try harder than that." I say, clenching my jaw.

A tear slips from Elena's eye, followed by more. Now her face is getting red. 

"I'm sorry, I'm just... scared." she says, her voice shaking now.

"Okay, look, Elena. I get that you might be scared of him, but you are making this more dramatic than it needs to be," I say, and more tears slip from her eyes, "It's not something that you need to cry about." I say, trying to reason with her.

"Really, Rora? He is my boyfriend, and he has been lying to me." she says, and I can tell she's getting mad.

I sigh. She doesn't seem to be able to handle very much information without breaking down.

"Well what was he supposed to do? Say, 'oh hey Elena, before you date me, I'm a vampire.' no, Elena, he would've worried that you'd tell everyone." I say, and her face stops crying as much.

I can see that she knows I'm right, and she lets out a shaky breath. My face softens, thinking about how much different she is from me. She can be very fragile, or very strong, but she always has needed emotional support. She can't deal with things by herself very well.

I, on the other hand, have never wanted anyone's help when bad things happen. I am better at dealing with things on my own. It's clear that I'm the stronger, more independent twin. Sometimes it's annoying how dependent she is, especially towards me.

However, she always tries to control me. She hates it when I do things without telling her, and she hates that I'm reckless. I have always had issues trusting her, and everyone, really. I just have a feeling that if I come between her and something she wants, she will turn on me.

"Elena, I know it's difficult, but it's who he is, and if you can't deal with that, then you shouldn't be with him." I tell her. 

She might might not exactly have a problem with who he is, but she does have a problem with what he is. 

"Damon is a vampire too." she says, like I didn't already know that.

"How do you think I got all these new clothes, and that car?" I say with a smirk.

Elena gasps, and realization hits her. She then looks at me with disapproval, frowning.

"Do you know how dangerous he is? Stefan drinks animal blood, but Damon doesn't. He could hurt you." she says, worry lacing her voice.

"I know, and he could hurt me, but he didn't. If he wanted to hurt me, he would've done it by now." I say, like none this matters.

She sighs next to me and puts her head down, thinking. I know she doesn't have any idea what to do about Stefan and his secret, it's not a problem for me, but it clearly is for her.

"I just. I don't want to have to walk around all day keeping his secret. Because as soon as I go further into this relationship, his secret becomes my secret, and I don't know if I want the weight of keeping it. " she says, weight in her words.

I see where she's coming from. She would have to carry that around for the rest of her time with him, and that can be a lot to keep up with. She just has to decide if it's worth it or not.

"Well, the only thing you can do, is decide if he's worth it." she looks at me now.

There is gratitude in her eyes, silently thanking me, and I nod. She gets up from my bed and leaves the room, needing to think this over.

I lay on my bed, slowly falling into darkness.

________________

PLEASE READ!!!

Okay, so this is a really short chapter.

I just really needed to update, and couldn't really make much happen in this chapter at the moment. 

So, pretty soon some stuff related to the plot of this book will be coming up, and it will not necessarily be following the shows plots and story lines. A few things need to happen earlier, so it will throw all the shows story line off for the most part.

So would you rather me do my usual 3000 word chapters and update once a week, or shorter chapters like this and me update 2-3 times a week. I will keep up with a schedule, but I need your opinion.

Please ask any questions about the book that you have!