|3|

I wake up bright and early, per usual. I decide to be lazy this morning, so I get ready for the day, and then watch TV until Elena comes in. 

"Rora, it's time to go to school." she says, and I look over at her tiredly.

"I think I'm not going to school today." I say thoughtfully.

I'm finding out if Damon Salvatore, your boyfriends brother, is a vampire, I think. 

Elena rolls her eyes, and looks at me like I'm crazy.

"I think you are going to school, so come on." she says matter-of-factly.

I glare at her. She really does try to act like mom.

"Well, sorry to disappoint you, but it's not happening. See ya after school." I say, dismissing her.

She tries to open her mouth to say something, but I won't have any of that.

"Nope, shush. I just started this episode of Arrow, and it's getting good." I say, looking back to the tv.

She groans angrily and storms out of my room. I snicker at her when she leaves; I don't understand why it's so important to her that I go to school today. Elena knows that I skip school sometimes, but this time, I have a reason. She just won't find out about this reason until I'm positive it's true.

I finish my episode of Arrow, and I walk out to my car, grabbing a piece of paper, ripping it so I only have the edge, and putting it in my pocket. This little paper better not fail me. 

I walk out of the house, locking it behind me, and I go to my car, getting in, and rolling out of the driveway. I drive to the Salvatore house, and park. I get out, looking at the now cloudy sky above me. I can tell it's about to storm, there's a strong wind, and a little bit of mist.

The pavement starts to get wet as droplets of rain come down, and I quickly go to the front door, not wanting to get wet. I knock on the front door, and almost immediately, Damon answers the front door. 

He looks surprised by my visit, obviously suspicious of my motives. I smile warmly, although it's fake, and he returns the smile. I walk in the house without asking and he quickly turns to face me.

"Rude, now are we?" he says, smirking.

"Okay, we need to talk." I say seriously.

"Oh is it about how much you regret not kissing me the other day?" he says, wiggling his eyebrows.

"No, pervert." I say, rolling my eyes at him.

I reach for my pocket, ready to get the piece of paper.

"So I found this yesterday, and I think it has something to do with you and Stefan." I lie.

I bring out the piece of paper, 'accidentally' giving myself a paper cut. Good, the paper did its job. It achieved its sole purpose in life, which was to make me bleed. Maybe, if he smells my blood whatever, assuming he really is a vampire, it will do something.

I crumple up the paper, and hold me finger up to my face, before shoving it in his space.

"How bad does it look?" I say stupidly. Clearly, it's just a paper cut.

His eye does something weird, and veins start showing under his eyes. I quickly take my hand away, and he takes a menacing step towards me.

"Looks like I was right." I say cooly, smirking.

I am actually really hoping he doesn't drain me completely of blood, or kill me some other brutal way. He looks confused, the veins under his eyes not going away.