Chapter eleven: Alone

Start from the beginning

I stopped where I was. “Now you’re telling me to forget it?” My voice squeaked as it rose. “What do you want me to do? Stop fancying him or forget about it?”

Niall groaned and kept walking, but once he realized that I was fifteen feet away from him and wasn’t going to move, he angrily walked back to me. He was shorter than me, but he looked intimidating once he was in my face. “Just do whatever it takes for him not to break you, Louis.” He rolled his eyes and turned in the direction we came, back to his house.

“Why would he ‘break’ me? Is there something you’re not telling me?” I stared after him. A sudden breeze flew by, chilling me to the bone. Believe it or not, it was nearly mid-November. “And aren’t you going to walk with me?”

“Not anymore!” Niall answered, his voice sounding further and further away as he left me. I wasn’t sure which question he’d answered. He was obviously annoyed with me, and, frankly, I was, too.

“Whatever,” I grumbled, sighing and continuing my walk home. I fancied Harry and I wasn’t planning on stopping – mind Niall – because I didn’t think I could.

                                                                                                ~~~

   I frowned into the mirror, turning my head to the side. I wasn’t in a very good mood. Why, I wasn’t sure. Niall was on his pre-Christmas vacation. Maybe I didn’t feel well because I missed him, and I was now alone. Well…not completely…I technically had Harry, but, well…Harry…

There was loud laughter right outside the bathroom, and then the door was pushed open. I didn’t bother to turn away from the mirror, staring at my face out of boredom.

“Oh, look, Louis B. Gay!” Someone exclaimed, and my stomach dropped. I knew the voice, and the cleverness of the nickname was lacking so much, it could only have come from one person.

“‘Louis B. Gay’,” I repeated, turning around and leaning on the counter. “Are you serious?” I chewed the inside of my cheek, hoping that I didn’t appear as scared as I felt. Josh was standing a few feet in front of me, followed by an unusual posse, not like his normal one.

Zayn and Liam were with him – Liam, looking as handsome as ever with his hair no longer curly and Zayn, looking as if I was the cause of whatever pain and suffering he was going through. All three of them were smirking at me.

I was so shocked, but I managed to keep up my confidence and keep my absolute terror to a minimum. “Really, Josh? You know, I would say that that nickname is extremely bland and not creative at all, but I don’t want to make you feel bad. It’s expected of you, bad comments like that. We both already know that you’ve failed English – and all your other classes, for that matter – every year since the beginning of high school, which is why you’re twenty-one and you’re still here.” I shrugged, relishing the look of embarrassment on Josh’s face. “Or maybe you just don’t want to leave me. And I understand. But, sorry Charlie, I only like cute guys.”

I smiled and glanced over at Zayn, nodding politely. I ignored the disgusted expression he was wearing. Now, I knew the consequences that were sure to come, but I couldn’t keep my mouth shut. This was odd; I normally knew when to stop.

Another voice came from outside, a softer, deeper sounding one. “Louis B. Gay…Louis B. Gay…” Like before, the door was pushed open, but more forcefully, like it’d been kicked. Harry nonchalantly waltzed in, standing next to Liam with a blank face. “Louis B. Gay.”