Chapter 20 - Eye Spy

We arrived at the house as quickly as we could. Trevor jumped out of the car and ran to my side. He helped me out of the car like the gentleman he is and we walked to the house. The boys were all pacing in the house and when we walked in their heads all snapped to us. 

"Thank god you guys are okay! Cody got a call, his mom told him what happened when she arrived at the place." He said. Cody's mom was a deputy for our little town. It was useful in some ways, annoying in others. She would get us out of trouble... sometimes. "She was there? I didn't see her." I said.

Cody shrugged and walked over to me. "What the hell happened?" He asked. So I explained what happened again, and the boys would not stop interrupting me. By the time I finished a half hour had gone past. "We are out numbered! If Michael uses them in the fight, we'll all die!" The pessimist yelled. Barry hit him over the head and he growled at him. 

"Well Brady what do you suggest?! We leave town?! We ambush them?! We- Wait.. that's not a bad idea." I said. The boys watched me as I started figuring out a plan. "All we need is to figure out where they live, then we attack when they least expect it! Its perfect!" I yelled. Eric and Barry rolled their eyes at my excitement but the others agreed.

"We need to call Daniel and Lucas back here. Now." I said, looking specifically at Barry. He nodded and walked off to make the phone call while looked over at Cody and Liam. "Well, where are they?" I asked them. They smirked and directed us to the study upstairs. 

We met Barry in the hallway and we walked over to me. "They aren't answering, the phones are off." He whispered. Frowning, I placed a hand on his shoulder. "I'm sure they are fine." I said. He nodded and we walked into the study, both feeling a little down.

"Trevor, do you have a town map?" Cody asked. He nodded and pulled out a big blueprint of the town. Cody grabbed a permanent marker and started scribbling all over the page. We watched him for a few minutes until I figured out where they were. "No fucking way. They can't be there." I said to myself.

All the boys looked at me as I put a hand to my head. "Kyle, they are at the warehouse." I said to him, stressing my words. His eyes widened as he looked over at me, terror all over his face. I frowned and ran my hands through my hair, tangling it. "The warehouse, Harley...? What warehouse?" Eric asked. 

I laughed nervously and looked at my phone. "Oh would you look at the time, it's 10 o'clock. I should get going!" I rushed out as I went to walk out of the room, wanting to avoid this conversation. Eric grabbed the collar of my shirt and held me in the room. "What warehouse Harley?" He asked, getting angry.

I sighed and shrugged him off. "It was our place, our special place. Away from our problems, our parents, school. It was just meant for that but..." I trailed off, thinking of that night. 

Eric frowned and looked at Kyle. "Finish the story, please." He said. Kyle's eyes widened as he took a step away from Eric. "But there was a party, it was just harmless fun, no one was meant to bring it, we were all 15 for Christ sakes but some idiot brought a gun and.."

"Kyle got shot." I cut him off, looking at his hip where the bullet got him.

He put his hand over the scar and looked away from everyone. "After that, the cops came, the paramedics. The place was condemned. But I guess it wasn't torn down." I drifted off. Eric let me go and I stepped near closer to Kyle. "Show them." I said to him. 

He sighed and pulled his shirt up, revealing the scar. The boys frowned and Brady went to poke it when I slapped his hand. Kyle rolled his eyes and put his shirt back down. "Who shot him?" Trevor asked. Kyle eyes travelled over to me and everyone else followed, making me look down. Trevor and Eric's eyes widened, as did Liam and Cody.