Chapter 18 - Beacon

Cody and Liam have been in the pack for 2 weeks now and in a week they will experience their first full moon with us. Since I was wandering the forest for my second full moon I was a little nervous about this one. "Harley!? Harley!?" Brady yelled out. I stood up from my position from Trevor's couch and walked out the front. "She left! She's gone! I felt it, she left me." He yelled as he ran up to Trevors house.

My eyes widened and I called out for Eric and Trevor to come to the yard and walked down to him. "When?" I asked him. Trevor and Eric ran outside and joined me next to Brady. "An hour ago. I was having a shower and then it felt like a weight was lifted off my shoulder. She left!" He said. He smiled widely as he looked between the three of us.

The boys smiled back at him but I frowned, looking around. I moved away from them and focused my hearing on the surrounding area. "Harley? Whats wrong?" Eric asked. I shushed him, putting my finger up, signaling him to be quiet. After figuring out no one was in hearing distance I walked back to the boys. "If she left him, where did she go?" I asked, pointing at Brady. The boys all tensed, looking around to see if anyone was here.

"No one is here, I checked already." I said. Brady shook his head and kept looking.
"She's here, I can feel it." He said. I looked around and saw a figure lurking in the trees. It was her. But only I could see her, which was becoming a pain in the ass. "She's here." I said, not taking my eyes off her. The boys all stood around me, trying to protect me but I knew it wouldn't work. If she wanted me she would go right through them and get me. "I don't think she is here for me." I said.

The boys looked at me and when they turned she walked off. I let out a sigh and started walking inside. "She left." I said as I walked. They followed me inside and once we were all in the house I turned and scratched Brady's arm. He hissed in pain and looked up at me. "Harley what the hell?!" He yelled. I smirked and swiped at him again, this time getting him in the chest. He looked at me, rage filling his body, and his eyes flickered to the dark green they were before.

He started shifting so I took a step back from him. I signalled the boys to grab an arm each and they did. Once Brady had shifted he looked at me. He looked exactly like we did when we shifted. "Well he isn't a Nagual, so she was wrong." I stated, walking towards Brady. He thrashed in the boys arms, trying to attack me. I reached out and put my hand on his face, making him stop and look at me. "Hey, calm down okay?" I said.

He started blinking and soon his features were back to normal. "Was that your first shift?" I asked him. He nodded his head, shrugging the boys off his arms. He walked away from us and ran his hands over his face. "The full moon, is it gonna be like that?" He asked. I frowned and shook my head. "It's going to be worse, sorry." I apologised. He shrugged and walked out the front door, not talking to us. I went to follow him but Trevor pulled me back. "He needs time, leave him." He said.

I nodded and sighed, cuddling into Trevor's side. Eric's face contorted in disgust and he walked away from us. "I need to go out, I'll see you guys later." He yelled as he raced out of the house. I rolled my eyes and looked up at Trevor. "So what do you want to do?" I asked him. He looked at me for a few seconds before a wicked grin fell on his lips. He picked me up and threw me on the couch softly. I laughed at him as he jumped on top of me, hovering over me.

"I love you Harley." He said, looking me in the eyes. I smiled at him and kissed his lips softly. "I love you too Trevor." I replied. He smiled at me and put his head on my chest. I wrapped my arm around his shoulder and started playing with his hair. "Do you still like Brady?" He asked.

My eyes widened and I pushed him off my chest to look in his eyes. "Not at all. Not like how I love you." I said. He smiled and nodded, laying his head back on my chest. I smiled and put my hand back in his hair. "What's your middle name?" He asked me. I smiled and spoke softly.