"Samaar, did mom come back yet?" Aakifah asked. She stopped, looking from me to Sheath to the guy who walked in on his own.

"Subhee..." Aakifah said slowly and quietly. Wait, who?

"Subhee... What are you doing home this early?" Sheath asked.

"Which one is your wife, little bro?" Little bro? Is he... the brother who's supposed to be studying in America? Wait... WHAT'S WRONG WITH CANADA? How dare you abandon your own country! Boys... suck no matter what.

"My what?" Sheath asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Your wife." This Subhee guy was already sitting down in the guest room. I closed the door behind me, and noticed who Subhee was staring at. It wasn't Sheath. It wasn't me, but it was Aakifah. Did those two know each other? He was smiling at Aakifah. Not grinning, but smiling. Aakifah returned the favour with a disgusted look. She turned around, and started walking away.

"I'm not married yet." Sheath said confidently.

"You will be.. right after you graduate from high school." His older brother replied back. A year later? "At the most, you'll probably be engaged.. I guess."

Ugh. My memory is too foggy. I don't remember meeting him or Sheath when I was a kid. How does Aakifah remember?

"You still love your pudding, don't you Samaar." I was still holding onto my beloved cup of pudding.

"Yes! Of cour.... Wait. How do you know that?" I asked him. He had three peircings on each ear, and dark brown hair covering his eyes. He was wearing baggy wet clothes. Was he really Sheath's brother?

"So... Why did you come home? Weren't you in America? Studying?" Sheath questioned. Subhee rested his head on the couch and closed his eyes and sighed.

"The only food I got was cupped noodles and junk food. You think I'd let it happen for my second year in universary?"

"That's the reason you came back? Food??" Sheath said in disbelief. I looked at Sheath, and saw him looking at his older brother with worry.

At this moment I realized something. Two guys. One girl. Haraam. Ugh. I don't wanna go to hell because of creatures such as guys. It's a disgrace to me and my pudding. 

I left the room, grabbing a spoon from the kitchen and my books from the table. I didn't have a third hand to carry my bag. I'll come back down for it later. All of a sudden, Sheath was beside the table. He motioned for me to hand him my bag.

"I'll carry it for you." He said. His brother was already walking up the stairs.

"O..kay." I said. My bag was filled with textbooks. I didn't receive my locker yet. Yusra's class was all the way at the other side of school. I wouldn't really have enough time to get to class early if walking to her locker took me at least three minutes.

The next day

It was lunch time, and I was already at the MSA meeting room.

The president.. was not there. So the vice president had to take over. It was a nice meeting. People were talking, and planning. They were talking about the year end field trip. They had to raise up a lot of money, and do fundraisers too. At least that's what Yusra told me at the end of the meeting. Sheath was there with Josh. They were sitting at the front. They were laughing like a pair of idiots. 

After school, I started walking home on my own. That was one of the requirements. We could be dropped off at school, but we had to walk home after school. My dad didn't agree with my mom. He told my mom I'm a girl. And my mom assured him I'd be fine. Since my dad started working again, his hours weren't really that flexible. Neither were Uncle's hours. So it was fine. Sheath would usually come late, because he always walked home with Josh, who happened to live right across the street from us. Our school was a nice long thirty minute walk from home.

"Samaar!" I turned around and saw Sheath running towards me. I stopped, and he caught up.

"What happened to Josh?" I asked sternly. I obviously saw myself as being the most angriest girl on earth when I was with guys. I just didn't like them... at all! Ever since I was eight years old.

"Well today I had to ditch him because of that family dinner we're having, remember?" That was today?? I thought it was on Friday! Wait.. today is Friday. He was out of breath, but recovered quickly.

That means we have to clean the house till there's nothing left. It was funny how I became immune to cleaning in that house. I felt guilty staying there for free, so I used to help Auntie and mom with food and cleaning.

While I was in my own thoughts, Sheath was quiet. 

"Hey.. " He said.

"What?" I said, realizing my girlie tone. Uh-Oh. He obviously didn't notice or care.

"You really love glaring, don't you?" 

"Why would you say that?"

"Cuz that's all you do."

I grinned. "Well obviously. I hate smiling."

"It's sunnah."

"I know. I don't need a guy to tell me that." He faced me and laughed.

"So you glare cuz you hate guys."

"Extremely." He started laughing again. "What? Can't a girl live with her own hatred??" 

He didn't ask why, and I was glad. Because I didn't really know how to explain it. 

"You hating guys is kind of pointless though..." He said, looking at the ground. I looked up a him.

"Excuse me?"

"For the next part of your life, you'll need one, won't you?"

"For what?"

"For everything."

"I don't believe so. If it's about money, I can work. If it's about children, I can adopt them. If it's about life, I've got one."

"If it's about love?"

"Then I'll love myself twice as much."

"You narcissist."

"Repeat it one more time, and I'll smack you across the face." I said sternly.

He laughed, and said "No thanks." He was looking down again.

"And let me guess, you joined the MSA because Yusra asked you to?" He asked.

"Even if she didn't tell me... If I knew public schools had MSA's I'd be the happiest girl on earth."

"I joined it cuz the prez told me to."

"Who exactly is the president?" I asked. 

"Omar."

"Oh." I still don't know him. He's not in any of my classes.

"Grade twelve." Sheath said, reading my mind.

I guess it wasn't that bad... talking to a guy... suspicious. It was as hot as hell and we finally got home some time later.

"Assalamualykum." I said entering the house with Sheath. 

"Walaykumassalaam." My aunt and mom said in harmony. 

They were cooking in the kitchen as they peeked out and saw me and Sheath.

"Oh, you guys came together?" My mom asked,

"Sort of." Sheath said. "Aunty, you look really nice today." He said to my mom, smiling. My mom was wearing new clothes. They were royal blue with silver linings.

"Jazak'Allah, Sheath! Aww, your son is so cute." Sheath gave a little kid-ish smile. Okay, I can't lie.. It was sort of cute. But I still glared at him. 

He saw me glaring and grinned at me. Is he trying to get me angry? Cuz it's working.

The things I have to deal with in this house... I sighed.

...I still don't get that Subhee guy.