Chapter 1 ~ Sneaking out Late

"Damn, I'm going to be late." you muttered as you finished getting dressed. It was the third day of your junior year at iWatobi High. You didn't want to be late. Your alarm didn't go off properly. Your best friend, Haru, was waiting for you at the stairs near his house. You rushed out the door, not saying goodbye to anyone.

Just in luck, Haru was waiting for you by the stairs. You looked at him and smiled. You've had a crush on him since 8th grade. He looked your way and started coming down the stairs. "Where were you, silly?" he asks. "hey, my alarm didn't go off," you replied as you two began to walk to school. "We have time left before school starts you know..." he says. "Wait, wha....?" you looked at your phone. It was 7:30, 30 minutes before school started. Haru started laughing. You gently socked him in the arm. "Lets just get to school..." you said.

Later that night, you were doing your homework. It was a Friday, but you still needed to keep on top of your classes. After studying for 15 minutes you heard a noise. A clink? You looked around and heard the sound again. What is that? You heard it a third time and saw it was coming from outside the window. You opened it and saw Haru. "What is this, Romeo and Juliet?" you asked him. He shrugged his shoulders. "I dunno. But our families aren't feuding, (Y/N)." You giggled a little bit. "Come on, I want to tell you something" Haru told you. Your parents left for the weekend, so why not. You locked the front and back door and your bedroom door. You turned off the lights and climbed out the window. Haru started walking and you followed.

"The Beach?" you were puzzled. Haru then picked you up and ran to the shoreline. "PUT ME DOWN HARU!!!!" you yelled. He put you down after he spun you around. He pulled you into a tight hug. "Whats gotten into you?" you asked him. "I realized something (Y/N). I'm in love with you and it feels amazing." he says. You were caught off guard. You then smiled and rested your face into his chest. "I... love you too..." you said. "Really, I never imagined." he responded. You laughed. "Does that mean... we're together now?" Haru asked nesting his face into your (H/C) hair. "What do you think, Montague?" you asked. "Yes, but only if I can call you miss Capulet." he responded. "Only when we're alone." you replied. He chuckled a little. "Lets just go back to my house," you said after a few minutes of silence. "Good idea," Haru replied.

Haru snuggled up next to you as you lied down and thought. I guess we're dating now. I'm Ariel and he's Eric. The mermaid and the sailor. A beautiful love story in the works. You slowly fell asleep next to Haru. You never thought being in love was going to be amazing.