"No I didn't." I told her confidently and took a sip of my cold beer. She shook her head violently like she wants her head to detach from her body.

"What the actual..." I held the back of her neck and held her cheeks to make her look at me.

"Sky, tell me what's wrong." She stopped shaking her head and stared at me, she opened her mouth but then closed it again. I gave her a pleading look but she just turned her head and to the side. I sighed at her sudden change of mood.

"You know," I jumped slightly when I heard her speak clearly, meaning the alcohol was starting to wear off. "I just don't like growling and anything that growls." She confessed and I stiffened, no no no no.

"Oh, why so?" I asked and pretended to survey the room. I already did even before we came inside.

"I just... don't like anything connected with growling. You know, like wolves." She said and I stared at her, jaw clenched.

"Did they already... Do you-" I stopped when I felt someone pushing from the back of my mind, I must've blocked everyone from the pack to reach me in our mind link.

What is it Jason? I asked him right away.

Alpha. Rogues, school, Anthony's house. Luke and Carly tried to talk to their leader but they attacked. He replied and it angered me. Rogues have leaders? Now that's new. I never liked rogues, I think they have no sense of loyalty or camaraderie. They betray and take advantage of anyone who meets their path. I wanted a rogue killed immediately if they dare cross my territory, or posed as a threat to my pack. Jason, my Beta, on the other hand always convinced me that I should let them go if they meant no harm.

Tell Carly to go here and take Sky and the girls home. I'll deal with those goddamn- I didn't finish what I had to say because the loud music stopped and a shrill, bone-chilling cry echoed. Everyone jumped to their feet and scurried for the exits. There was a loud crash, like windows being shattered and snarls and growls filled the house. It didn't take a genius to figure out that those rogues from earlier were the ones attacking us now.

Everyone take humans away from here now and get them back to their houses safe and sound. Alert every wolf and tell them to keep an eye out for rogues or anything suspicious. Carly, take Sky, Scarlette and Amber to my house this instant. I commanded to every warrior in the pack and heard a chorus of replies.

"Nick do you want to die? What the hell are you doing, c'mon let's get outta here!" Sky yelled and brought me back to my senses.

"Sky listen to me, Carly will be at the parking lot and you have to go home with him." I said sternly and looked into her grey eyes.

"What, are you kidding me? I won't leave you here, those are fucking wild wolves, they'll kill you!" She yelled at me, anger evident in her eyes. I would've laughed at her and told her that I almost got killed by a rogue a year ago but I know it'll only freak her out more. Plus, I figured she didnt know anything.

"No, I'll handle this myself. I want you to get out of this house and meet him." A pang of guilt hit me when I used my Alpha tone on her. She nodded although she was clearly confused.

"Now go, get out of here!" I pushed her towards the house's enormous glass doors and went for the source of the howls and growls.

"Come at me!" I snarled to catch their attention and shifted. They don't even know what hit 'em.

•••

Her POV

I immediately ran for the exits, still confused on why the hell did I follow Nick's order! I can already see Amber leaning on Carly's car, looking around her with a nervous look. Fighting the urge to do what Nick instructed me to do, I made a u-turn and ran for the side of the house which was strangely only a few meters from the forest. I ran and ran and made a few turns, I based it all on my instinct.