Malia felt as if she could never thank him enough for everything. He's seen Malia at her worse and at her best, he's usually the cause for her best.

People look at him and think he's this badass bad boy who breaks hearts and goes through women but he's not. He's not a player and he's not a "bad boy", he's one of the sweetest guys you'll meet. He's only had less than a handful of girlfriends and he treated them so well but they took it for granted.

She had seen him cry,  heartbroken, she's even seen him at his worse and she still think he's the best. Malia always says she wouldn't be the girl she was if it wasn't for Nate.

Malia quickly reheated the food, placed it back on the table, and lit a few candles. By the time she finished, Nate was ringing the doorbell.

Malia quickly walked to the door and opened it, shock and surprise was written on her face as she did.

Nate hid behind a bouquet of white and light pink roses wearing a white button up with a tie, black pants and all black Jordan's.

"Nate," Malia dragged out happily, "you didn't have to do all this."

"Yes I did, you shouldn't be alone tonight." Nate held out the flowers, his usual loving smile on his face, "You look amazing, as usual." He winked at her.

Malia couldn't help the big smile that spread across my face, she wrapped her arms around his neck and pulled him close into a hug. Nate hugged Malia back almost instantly, stuffing his face in the crook of her neck as his arms wrapped tightly around her waist.

"I don't know what I'd do without you." Malia murmured.

"Me neither. Travis is stupid for treating you the way he does." He muttered, sighing.

Malia took a deep inhale, "Let's not talk about him tonight, please?" She pulled away slowly, her arms still wrapped around him.

He nodded, "Aight', easy."

Malia laughed, "C'mon, let's not make the steak wait anymore." She grabbed his hand and pulled him inside, closing the door behind him.

Nate walked behind her into the dining room, "Wow," Nate raised his eyebrows in shock, "yeah he's fucking stupid."

Malia forced a small chuckle, "Sit and eat before it gets cold again." She instructed as she sat down as well.

Dinner was filled with small talk between them, a few compliments on dinner and how Malia looked were passed to her from Nate every now and then. Nate secretly couldn't take his eyes off her though.

He kept thinking how lucky he was to be the one sitting in front of a delicious dinner and a gorgeous woman. Nate always thought Malia was beautiful, he made sure to remind her too.

After dinner, he insisted to take the dishes to the sink and wash them, which he did. Malia jumped onto the counter next to him, leaning back against the cabinet as she began to overthink.

"Nate?" Malia muttered, catching his attention. She was picking with her hands, one of her many different nervous habits.

"Hm?" He hummed in response, glancing up at her as he drained the dirty dish water.

Malia let out a shaky breath, "Do you think Travis is....is cheating on me?"

Nate dried his hands slowly, his face softening at her words, "Do you want me to be completely honest with you?" He asked,

"No," she shook her head, "I want you to lie to me."

"Then no I don't, I think he's very much in love with you and is very grateful for everything you do for him." He lied, standing in front of Malia.

She looked down at her hands on her lap, "You don't think he loves me do you?" I bit my shaking lip,

"Not the way you deserve to be loved, no."

A single tear slid down Malia's cheek and Nate raised his hand and wiped it away with his thumb, "He doesn't deserve your tears, Malia. You know that."

"What am I doing wrong?" She cried, "Why doesn't he want me anymore? Why does every guy I date get sick of me after a while?"

Nate grabbed her hands and pulled her down from the counter, wrapping his arms around Malia tightly, "Because they're idiots." He muttered.

"What if it's me?" She questioned, her breathing getting heavier and quicker.

Nate pulled back quickly, "No! It's not you. You're not the reason. Those guys didn't know a good thing when they had it, they didn't deserve you. Travis sure as hell doesn't and never has." He exclaimed, holding Malia's damp cheeks in the palms of his hands.

"I don't know what to do Nate, I've been with him for three years. I can't just leave and forget about him, I'm not that type of girl sadly." She explained, sniffling a few times.

"I'll help you. You don't and won't have to go through this alone. Plus you have Jade as well. You're not alone in this, boo. I got you." He assured her, his eyes never leaving Malia's glossy eyes.

Malia nodded, "I love you, Nate. I honestly don't know what I'd do without you." She placed her hands on his, her thumb caressing his hand while his caressed her cheeks.

"And I love you, Malia. Luckily you won't have to do deal with me leaving, I'm not going anywhere." He promised, grinning wide.

"You're the best friend ever." Malia sighed, hugging him tightly once more.

Nate went silent for a few seconds, "Yeah, best friends forever." He whispered in a sad tone, his voice softer than usual.