XXIV. Five Years of Rainfall, The Rivers Are Flooding

~ Harry ~

I was caught off guard when she lunged forward and threw her fist into Sian's right cheek. At first I thought she wouldn't go through with it, but I saw the fury flicker in her eyes long before the feeling trickled into her hands as she listened to Sian imply she cared about me equally, even more than Ariana did herself.

I could have stopped Ariana the moment I let go of her, and a part of me who knew it was right should have, but I'm not in the business of taking pathetic apologies kindly. This was a new side of Ariana I'd never seen before and I wondered how long this character remained hidden under her sweet personality.

Sian, who was bleeding quite remarkably into her hands, bit back tears as she struggled to get herself together well enough to walk away. No other words were meant to be said then, so I gathered Ariana into my arms and lead her away from Sian who stared at me-- eyes wide in betrayal.

But what did she expect? She hurt my girl.

Well now Ariana's finally gotten her revenge, something I know she didn't desire but at the time I knew she would do something to release the anger she had pent up inside her. However, I didn't expect her to lash out at Sian like that.

"Are you okay?" I asked her calmly, though she stared at the ground with interest as she leaned into my chest. She didn't speak, but her chest constricted and her body tensed and I knew what was happening.

"Hey, hey, hey," I wheeled myself around to face her," Shhh baby it's okay, it's okay now. You did good. I'm so proud of you baby, so proud." I assured her, holding her wet cheeks in my hands as I wiped away the tears that tumbled down. She was breathing heavily, overwhelmed as always and eyes wide with fear.

"She deserved worst, to be honest. But you did what you needed to do and I know you Ariana, you're not a violent person, that isn't you but you did it anyways. I have to admit it was so," I paused, shaking my head as I stared down at the girl in front of me with my heart full of passion and lust, "Fūck it was so hot."

She stifled her laughter, but to no avail her chest rumbled and her body loosened in my grasp as she muffled her laughter into my chest. I was in a position that was no less familiar and instinctively I let her fall closer into my body while I held her tightly.

"No," She rejected, "No way."

"I'm telling you; one of the hottest things I've ever seen." I assured her. "I'm very proud. That's one hell of a right arm you got there."

"Holy shït," Marcel cried, "That was bloody amazing!"

Ariana turned to Marcel who stopped abruptly and collected her into a hug. He lifted her off her feet and twirled her around, paying no mind to the ongoing strangers who glanced our way with questioning stares. I watched him congratulate her, grinning smugly as he did so.

"You legend!" Marcel exclaimed as he set her down. He caressed the top of her head then squeaked, pulling her face into his chest quite roughly and cradled her head as he looked to the skies. "God, if you're real, protect this child! Keep her safe! Never let this moment die!"

"Marcel you're hurting me." She whined, pushing against his chest. "Ow!"

"Hey Marcel let her go." I chuckled, tapping him lightly.

He released her carefully and kissed his fist before lifting his hand high while doing a peace sign. While he gently celebrated to himself, I pulled Ariana into my side again and kissed her temple.

"He really doesn't like her."

"Can we just forget about it?"

Ariana's temper was at a mere simmer and she was quietly whispering while rubbing her reddening knuckles. Her face contorted with the cry of pain she released. Worriedly, I took her hand and inspected it carefully.