Great Escape pt. 2

Okay guys last chapter. Be ready. I know I'm not. If you're sensitive to mention of violence and blood don't push yourself to read more than you can handle.

P.S sorry it took so long I was in the hospital lol

Avi pulled away from Kevin and smiled up at the taller man. They stood there in silence for a moment before the whole group was interrupted by the sound of multiple cars roaring up the road to the house. 

"Is it the ambulance?" Scott asked. He couldn't see out the window from where he was on the floor. Kirstie moved the corner of a curtain on one of the windows out of the way and she quickly peered out before spinning back around wide-eyed.

"No, no it's the rest of Andrew's people. There are two vans but I think there are only three guys. Grab anything you can defend yourself with." Kirstie ordered frantically. They all reached for tools in the shed that could do what needed to be done. None of the band members had any intention of killing anyone, but they would do anything necessary to get everyone home safely. 

"Are they coming over here?" Avi asked worriedly. Kirstie peeked out the curtain again and let out a small sigh of relief. 

"No, they're going into the main house." She said as she closed the curtain again. 

"Thank god. I don't think I can fight anybody off while holding Piper." Mitch said as he nodded down at the girl who was still fast asleep in his lap. Mitch was protectively cradling Piper's head close to his chest as she slept. 

"I don't want to kill everyone's buzz, but the tunnel is probably connected to the main house too, not just this shack." Kevin reminded them. They all exchanged worried glances before Avi tried to cover the hole to the tunnel. Two of the floor boards had broken in their escape, so the best he could do was move the table over the hole. 

Soon it grew quiet again as all five band members sat in silence as they waited for help to arrive. Scott's attention soon turned toward Mitch however, when he heard the brunette softly humming in Piper's ear as his fingers ran through her hair. Scott's free hand reached out and gently squeezed Mitch's shoulder as they exchanged soft smiles. A series of loud shouts brought everyone out of their thoughts as their heads all simultaneously turned toward the direction of the sound.

"What's going on?" Kevin asked Kirstie who was peering out the window facing the house. 

"I-I don't know... I can't see them but they're yelling about something."  She paused so she could listen. "I think we should get out of here." She said quickly. 

"Piper sweetie, wake up. We need to get out of here, come on." Mitch gently woke up Piper, but they were interrupted loud shouts coming from in the tunnel. 

"Guys come on!" Kevin yelled as he pulled Scott and Mitch to their feet. Piper was now fully awake as well and struggling to keep up. Scott had his arm wrapped tightly around her waist as they began to sprint to the van. The tall blonde was practically dragging his daughter as her weak legs struggled to keep her up. The van was several yards away from the shed they had been hiding in, and there was no way to hide while they ran. It was a wide open field and they all hoped they wouldn't be seen. 

The ground was bumpy and uneven under their feet as they ran, making their run even more difficult. All six of them were stumbling along the way, but they had managed to keep an even pace until Mitch fell and hit the dirt. 

"Mitch!" Scott stopped running and turned around to help his husband.

"Scott go! You have Piper just get to the van and go!" Mitch yelled, but Scott didn't move until Mitch was on his feet. The brunette brushed the dirt off his pants and started towards his husband and Piper before he heard a shaky voice behind him.

"Turn around!" Mitch did as he was told and turned to face the blood covered man Kirstie his had fought in the basement. Fearful, Mitch raised his hands above his head in surrender. The burly, bloody man grinned maniacally before throwing something unidentifiable at Mitch.

"Ow!" Mitch clutched his arm where the small knife had made a cut. It hadn't punctured him, just grazed the skin. The evil man was walking away chuckling, and Mitch didn't know why until he turned around. The knife that had made a small tear in his arm was embedded in his daughter's stomach. Her eyes were wide and fearful as she dropped to her knees. 

"Piper!" Mitch screamed and rushed to her. "Scott help me get her in the van!" The frantically but carefully lifted the girl to the back of the van, and laid her in the back where there weren't seats. "Scott drive! We need to get to the hospital." Hot tears streamed down the brunettes face while everyone stood in shock. "GO!" 

Scott climbed in the driver's seat with Kevin sitting shotgun. Mitch was in the back with Piper's head in his lap as he cried. Kirstie and Avi sat on either side of the girl, putting pressure on the wound to slow the bleeding. 

"Piper please stay with us." Kirstie said. Her voice didn't sound like it usually did, almost like it belonged to someone else. Mitch's body wracked with sobs as he pushed Piper's hair out of her face, trying not to get the blood from his hands on her skin. 

"She's losing so much blood..." Avi whispered as they sped down the highway. His hands were firmly pressing down on her stomach wound, and were coated in blood. 

"Piper? I hope you can hear me." Mitch's voice was a strained whisper into his daughter's ear. He didn't know how to comfort her other than to sing to her, so he began softly singing into her ear. His voice sounded choked against his tears, but he sang anyway.

"A light in the room

It was you who was standing there

Tried it was true

As your glance met my stare

But your heart drifted off

Like the land split by sea

I tried to go, to follow

To kneel down at your feet

I'll run, I'll run, I'll run, run to you"

The end.