New Information

Mitch's eyes pulled apart when he heard a loud knocking on the front door to Avi and Kevin's apartment. His body tensed until he felt Scott's arms tighten around him. 

"Don't worry, wait here." Scott said before leaving Mitch alone. When Scott stepped into the living room he was greeted by Kevin, Avi, and Kirstie all standing around staring at the door. There was another thunderous knock that caused Kirstie to jump slightly. Scott gave her hand a squeeze before he made his way over to the door.

"Wait, Scott..." Avi warned but Scott continued to open the door. He peeked out before opening it the rest of the way. It was Officer Morris. 

"Sir I don't mean to sound disrespectful, but what are you doing here?" Scott asked.

"I just, we found some new information and neither of you would answer your phones." The broad man referred to Scott and Mitch, who was now groggily standing in the doorway along side his husband. 

"Oh! I'm sorry, it's just so early. Come in." He said. He was right, it was early, only around 6:45. 

"No I understand. Are uh, are all of you living here for the time being?" The police officer asked as he looked around at the three other people in the living room.

"Avi and I own the place." Kevin said gesturing to his friend. "Kirstie is just staying here for moral support I guess." The tall man chuckled.

"Good, good. So you're all aware of the current state of the case?" Officer Morris asked and everyone else nodded. "Well, a few hours ago one of our other officers recognized Andrew in a convenience store out of town a ways. He is currently in police custody and is soon going to be under observed interrogation. If you want to come I can drive you two down to the precinct. I'm afraid only Scott and Mitch can come however, only immediate family of the victim." He hesitantly looked around but was greeted by smiles. 

"You mean you have him?" Scott said with a little too much enthusiasm. 

"Yes." Officer Morris smiled. "We got him. Now we just need to find Piper."

A few minutes later they were pulling up to the precinct. Scott and Mitch exchanged worried glances before entering the building. The structure itself was a fairly basic looking building with tan bricks and opaque windows. Officer Morris held the door open for the couple, and they followed him upstairs. After going down a series of long halls with bad florescent lighting, they were in a room with a single window. On the other side of the glass was Andrew, sitting at a metal table in an otherwise empty room. Scott slung his arm around Mitch's waist as the door closed behind them. 

Immediately Scott noticed how bad Andrew looked. His hair was sticking out in all directions, his eyes were buggy, and it looked like he hadn't showered in days. He was wearing a blue t-shirt that had a whole in it, and something was smeared down the side. Scott also noticed the man's arms were riddled with cuts and blisters that looked like they had been ignored. But nevertheless the deranged man kept a pleasant grin plastered on his face.

"Alright, don't worry. He can't see or hear you guys. He doesn't even know that we told you he's in our custody." Officer Morris explained. The three men grew quiet when another detective entered the room Andrew was in. The cop began interrogating Andrew, asking questions about Piper and their whereabouts. But Andrew stayed silent and just smiled politely at the cop. The two men stared at each other for a moment before Andrew finally broke the silence. 

"The longer you keep me away from her, the less likely she is to live." The police officer's face dropped and he slammed his fists on the table. 

"Tell me where she is, Andrew. This isn't a game!" He shouted. 

"Oh, she won't be hard to find. I mean, maybe for you. But for some of the other people involved in this case... not so much." Andrew grinned maniacally.

Scott and Mitch's hearts dropped to their stomachs. Officer Morris gave them questioning looks as they both began to panic. 

"Do... either of you know what he's talking about?" The burly agent asked them. Scott and Mitch quickly exchanged worried glances.

"No... no not really." Scott lied. He knew that Andrew meant he was keeping Piper somewhere in the cabin they had been to only a few days before.

"Okay, just let us know if you think of anything. I think you guys should probably head home, Mitch is looking a little pale." Officer Morris gestured to the brunette, who did in fact look rather sick. 

"Okay, yeah, thank you. We'll let you know if anything happens." Scott said before taking Mitch's hand and leading him downstairs and out the door. He quickly called Kirstie and asked to be picked up. She didn't ask any questions and was at the precinct within a few minutes. 

"What happened? Did they get Andrew?" Kirstie asked as they drove away.

"Oh, they found Andrew. And he's gone completely insane." Mitch said. It was the first time he had spoken since they had been there. Scott rubbed his thumb in circles on Mitch's hand. They soon arrived back at the apartment and rushed inside.

"Okay guys, team meeting." Scott said as soon as he was through the door. The band gathered around and exchanged worried glances. "Andrew has Piper somewhere in the house in the woods. The police don't know about it, so we need to go back soon." 

"He said the longer he's away the less likely she is to be okay. He's probably keeping her fed or something, I'm not going to have her die from dehydration or starvation or something." Mitch added. Everyone in the room looked apprehensive and determined.

"I'd say we go back tonight." Kirstie said.

"I don't know if that's a good idea, Andrew would probably expect us back tonight and we don't know if he has other people working for him." Scott said.

"You're right." Kevin said. "As much as I hate to say this, it's probably safest to wait a few days. Maybe three?"

"I know." Mitch nodded sadly. "But I need my girl back." Avi gave him a sympathetic pat on the shoulder and flashed him a sad but knowing smile. 

"I guess now all we have to do is wait." Scott said. "And pray Piper is okay."

Hey guys! So just to let you know, I'm going to start wrapping up this story soon. Probably three more chapters and an epilogue. Keep voting and commenting if you like it! I have some really good ideas for an upcoming chapter and I'm really excited for that. Also I just started another Scomiche story called "Lucky Boy" and I would love it if you guys checked that out even though there's only two chapters up right now. Love you guys <3