Chapter 3

It was Friday evening. Me and ash had just got back from training. She had decided she would come back with me and help me get ready for my date.

"hurry up and get in the shower, you!" ash ordered as she waltzed into my walk in wardrobe.

I sighed and walked into my shower.

When I got out, I looked over to my bed where two outfits were laid out perfectly.

"well you took your time!" Ash joked. "I was barely ten minutes!" I snapped back. She just laughed in response. She knew that whenever I was stressed I get snappy, and considering I haven't been on a date in a little over a year, I guess she had her suspicions.

An hour later, Ash had achieved her goal in making me look stunning. She pulled me over to the mirror, and i was surprised. We had settled on a little black dress. It was plain at the front, just an elasticated waist, but the back was made from a beautiful lacy material. It revealed, but not in a sluttish way.

She had also straightened my strawberry golden locks to make my hair look even longer, and pinned various parts of it up to make me look gorgeous and sophisticated.

My makeup was done beautifully, I had a little too much on then necessary, in my opinion but that was just Ashley's style. I don't have so much on that I looked like a clown though, like some girls.

"you look totally amazing brookie!" Ashley whispered, excited. I looked at her and gave her a grateful smile just before my phone vibrated from the bed.

It was a text from Jacob.

'hey baby, meet me in the alley behind your building in 10 and then we can go for a bite to eat and maybe go watch a movie?'

I replied 'sounds good. See you soon then.'

"that's weird." I said to Ash. "he'a already calling me 'baby' when we've only met twice And he said the other day that he would pick me up! In this city, you could be drained from bloom within seconds of leaving an appartment!" I screeched.

"oh relax! Your just paranoid because you haven't been on a date for so long!" she replied, calming me.

I took a few deep breaths before replying " your right. I'm just paranoid" trying to convince myself.

"hey, can I stay over again tonight?" Ash asked. "then i'll be there when you get back and you can tell me all about your date!" she said excitedly, making me smile. "of course you can!' I said. "you don't even need to ask!" she smiled back at me.

I grabbed my purse, making sure my phone was in it, and gave Ash a quick goodbye hug. She wished me luck and I walked over to the door and left my building, ready for my first date in over a year.