Chapter 13: Memories

Start from the beginning

The blond boy nodded and led Harry into the door. "Come on." He said to me. I shook my head, clasping my hand in Dezmin's. He sighed. "Please." He pleaded. "Lu's gonna fix him up and we need to leave him alone. Please trust me. Trust Lu."

I looked over at 'Lu'. He was looking at me with wary eyes and my eyes widened in surprise. "Luke.." I said.

He gulped. "Rou."

I looked back to Dezmin. His face showed even more pain now. I nodded hesitantly and followed the blond.

As I past Luke, he whispered into my ear. "Don't worry, I'll take good care of him."

I glanced at him. Giving him a half hearted glare, I replied, "You'd better."

I walked into the other room which was a kitchen. Harry was sitting at the table, sipping what looked like tea. He grimly nodded as I sat down. The blond boy poured me a cup and sat it down in front of me. I looked up at him and he flashed me a kind and shy smile, as if trying to reassure us. Though at this point, I don't think anything could reassure me.

"Um, I realized I didn't introduce myself." Slightly smiling, the boy said, almost in a whisper. "My name is Matthew."

I nodded. "My name's Rou." I pointed to Harry who was daydreaming, "And that's Harry."

"Big brother's friends?" He asked, pulling a chair to sit down himself.

"Yeah," I complied, sipping the tea quietly. The cinnamon taste melted in my mouth and I closed my eyes. Hm, this taste seems familiar.

"You seem... human." He pointed out.

"I am." I replied. "Are you one of this pack?"

"I am." He said with a smile. "The other half though."

"The other half?"

He nodded. "In the recent years, our pack has been divided. Though no one can point it out, it's obvious if you look really hard. Our new Alpha, Mr. Harrison, is a bad man. He caused the previous Alpha's death and manipulated the elders into picking him as the new leader."

My eyes widened. "Why?"

He shrugged. "No one really knows. But he's a really strict leader. He made so many rules that went against our beliefs and ticked off almost everyone."

"Like?"

"Like forbidding the marriage of human and werewolf, the right to marry someone of your own sex and rebels. That's what those cells are for. Traitors, rogues, and rebels."

I noticed his face fell when he mentioned the cells. "What did they do to him?"

He looked down. "Torture. That's the only way to describe it. Pure cruelty."

"I don't get this." I said, slamming my fist onto the table. "I've only known about werewolves for a few days and mayhem occurs! What the hell is wrong with this pack?!"

"People are too scared to admit things when they know something is wrong." Luke said as he stepped in the room to wash his hands in the sink. "They don't want to be hurt, or tortured as Matt put it."

"Luke..." my brows furrowed with confusion.

"He's okay now." He said. "I cleaned up all of his wounds. All he needs now is rest. And probably some food. Prepare soup for Dezmin, Matt."

Matt complied by nodding and getting up to turn the stove on. Both me and Harry burst into the other room where I saw Dezmin with open eyes, trying to sit up. I smiled and ran up to him, engulfing him in a hug.