Nodding, she bit the corner of her plump bottom lip, nearly causing me to groan with need. "I'm sorry. I didn't realize. I thought I was help—"

"Enough talking," I growled, needing her now. "Kiss me, already."

She didn't argue, wrapping her arms around my neck as she leaned toward me. My mouth crushed against hers, my tongue sweeping inside to taste her sweet minty breath. The kiss grew hotter the longer it went on, and my hands slid lower pressing her body hard against mine. She didn't pull away, answering me action for action and I knew without a doubt she'd missed this connection between us too.

My heart was infused with happiness, as though it were being refilled after a long drought. I needed Portia. She was like the breath of life for me. I recognized her for what she was, my other half—the one person in the world who completed me.

We were levitating now, only a few inches off the floor, but that was only further proof of how the two of us made the other feel. There was only one problem. In proving my point of how deprived she'd left me over the last several days, I'd started a raging inferno between us. I need to release her. Now.

Portia fell to the floor, looking confused and I felt horrible.

"Are you okay?" I asked, extending a hand to help her.

"Were we . . . floating?" she asked, her eyes drifting to my feet, which were still a few inches off the floor.

"Sorry. I thought you knew," I apologized and stepped back on the ground. "I wouldn't have let go so abruptly."

"We were actually levitating?" She sounded unsure, despite what she'd seen.

"Haven't you ever heard witches can fly?" I chuckled.

"Seriously? I thought that was like some broomstick legend," she replied, seeming totally floored by the concept. I knew she'd been practicing magic with Milly here and there; but apparently, they hadn't covered human levitation.

Grinning, an idea suddenly popped into my head. "Well, there's some truth to the rumors, although they may not be completely accurate. Care to try a fun experiment with me?" There wasn't any reason I couldn't teach her some things, as well. I was certain Milly wouldn't show her this because I doubted she ever did it.

"Sure." She glanced down at her ugly pajamas. "Do I need to change, though?"

"Don't worry about it. The bunnies are starting to grow on me." She really did look hot in those terrible things. Leading her to the window, I quickly jumped out, turning to look at her.

"Think light on your feet," I called softly, not wanting to alert her parents to what we were about to do.

She landed perfectly. "Wow. That was cool. I barely even felt it."

"That's the idea," I replied with a smile, taking her hand and leading her to where my motorcycle was parked down the street.

"We need some space to work with," I explained, when we arrived at the high school football field.

"What if someone sees us?" she asked nervously, glancing around as I helped her off the bike.

"Don't worry. It's late and the lights are off, so we should be fine."

Taking her hand, I guided her through the gate that led into the guest stands built into the side of the hill, and down onto the football field.

"Okay. So using this power is more about levitation than flying really. Witches don't actually soar over the moon on their broomsticks. It sure would save on airfare if we could, though." Giving a slight laugh, I pulled her toward me. "I want you to kiss me like you did; only this time, I want you to think about feeling as light as air while you're doing it. Don't worry, I won't let go."