The Alpha's Mate is a Tomboy | Chapter 1|

A.N.: I'd just like to say that the chapters will be short.
Enjoy 💋💋💋

--------

I put on my locker combo and opened it to return my other books and to get my bag. My only best friends, Tyler and Cole are leaning lazily at the locker next to mine.

Before everything else, let me tell you some information about me. I am Haylee Smitch, a 16-year-old werewolf who's a junior in Mystic High and the team captain of Mystic High's Women Soccer Team.

My father is our pack's beta and my mother is the pack doctor. I have a brother who is of course the soon-to-be beta.

And to tell you the not so sad part of my life, I am basically mistaken for a tomboy because of the sport that I play and the way I dress. But in my opinion, wearing baggy and loose clothes are more comfortable and soccer is the most amazing sport among all the sports.

And then there's the fact that my only best friends are just two guys and not girls like me. I am not against having girls as friends but based on my experience, hanging out and having a guy as my best friend is way more awesome than having a female best friend. It's less drama if you'll ask me.

"Congratulations dude." I heard Cole say to Tyler.

I frowned and looked at them curiously, "did you win something Ty?"

They laughed at me.

"It's about the five hottest guys here in Mystic High, silly," Tyler explained

"Tyler here got lucky and beat me on the fourth spot," Cole said, punching Tyler playfully

I rolled my eyes at them and continued stuffing my bag with the books that I'll need for my homework.

Before you get all confused about what my best friends are talking about, let me enlighten you.

"The Five Hottest guys" is like a poll that people vote into. If you are included in the top five, that means you're good-looking and popular.

First, there is Ash. The soon-to-be Alpha and the team captain of Mystic High's Men Soccer Team. And let me tell you, his title as the soon-to-be Alpha and number one hottest guy on campus and all over the whole Mystic Falls has gotten to his head. He's very arrogant, controlling, irritating, cocky, full of himself, and most of all, he's a heart-breaker and a total player. It's safe to say that I hate him. And I think he also hates me because he always teases, irritates, annoys and sometimes even bullies me.

 But I never actually back down.

Then the second hottest guy is Damien, followed by my brother, Harley, then Tyler, and Cole.

Damien. His name always brings a smile to my face. He's Ash's younger brother who's 16 years old and a junior like me. When it comes to personality, Damien is the opposite of his brother and a total sweetheart. Whenever Ash will tease or bully me, he'll always scold him.

I sighed dreamily and closed my locker. Tomorrow is my birthday, the day when I'll finally know who my mate is. I just really wish that it's Damien.

Unfortunately, even if he's really my mate, he won't be able to know until he'll turn 18.

"Dude, that's the 35th. I think our little Haylee is really crushing on someone." Tyler whispered to Cole.

I'm pretty sure I wasn't meant to hear it but because of werewolf hearing, I did.

"I also noticed. Maybe she finally realized that the moon goddess gave her a V and not a D." Cole whispered back.

I smacked them both at the back of their heads.

"I heard you, idiots."

"Bad girl, didn't your parents tell you it's bad to eavesdrop?" Cole said, rubbing the back of his head,

"Yeah, and it's not like what we said is not true," Tyler said,

They both grinned at me while wiggling their eyebrows playfully, "The tomboy Haylee Smitch has a crush." they said in unison.

I gave them a pointed look and said, "Shut up or I won't pay for the pizza tonight." 

They mock saluted me and said "yes sir" at the same time.

I just rolled my eyes at them.

"Let's go guys. I'm pretty sure my brother is waiting." I said, walking ahead of them to the main entrance.

My best friends and I would always ride with my brother to and from school. Harley doesn't really mind since Tyler and Cole are also his friends. And besides, we all live in the packhouse.

We made it to the parking lot in a few minutes. And that's because when we walk in the hallway, all the students would part and make a way for us.

Thanks to my popular best friends.

I opened the door and was about to sit in the passenger seat in front when Ash beat me to it.

"Thank you for opening the door, Lee. You're such a gentleman." He said in his annoying teasing tone.

I rolled my eyes at him and slam the door shut which earned me a glare from my brother.

"Watch it," Harley said as I sit at the back with Tyler and Cole.

"Why is he even riding with us? He has his own car for Shrek's sake. You know I hate to be in the same car with him." I grumbled loudly while my brother quickly put the key to the ignition and turned on the car before he started to drive.

"I can hear you, you know," Ash said, turning to look at me.

I just glared at him and clenched my fist.

"Hay, chill. Think about how hot and handsome your crush is and take deep breathes." Cole said, rubbing my arm soothingly

Ash choked on his saliva while Harley almost hit a trash bin.

"You have a crush?" Harley and Ash both exclaimed dramatically at the same time.

I can feel my cheeks heat up. I quickly throw a death glare at Cole.

"Holy shite my sister is blushing!" Harley exclaimed.

I covered my cheeks using my hands and glared at him.

"I am not." I denied

They all laughed at me except for Ash who looked at me weirdly.

"Are you sure it is a guy?" Ash asked.

"Confident and sure," Cole said.

"She keeps on sighing dreamily and talking about wishing that he is her mate during our free period and gym," Tyler said.

"I did not."

"Yes, you did." My best friends said at the same time, grinning wickedly.

"You guys are the worst best friends ever!" I grumbled

They just laughed at me. They know that I didn't mean it.

"Is he a human or a werewolf?" Ash asked.

"None of your business." I snapped, crossing my arms under my chest.

"Don't make me use my Alpha tone on you, Lee."

I scoffed. "Why do you even care?" I asked angrily

"I don't actually. I am just making sure that I am not the one you are crushing and fantasizing."

"Don't be delusional and too full of yourself, Ash. I will never like you nor wish that you are my mate." I said

"Good to know." He said, smirking. "And for your information, if I am unfortunately your mate, I'll reject you."

"No need to think about it. I'm pretty sure the moon goddess is not that cruel to give me a grade-A jerk as a mate." I said, smiling at him smugly.