trente six

trente six

Michael opened the sliding glass door leading to their boardwalk. The second his foot touched the wood, he could hear his mother's voice calling his name.

"Michael Gordon! You better have sun block on!"

Luke snickered from the porch, a taunting smile on his lips.

Mike gladly gave his boyfriend the middle finger. "I do, Mother!"
"Lucas! Is he lying?" Ms. Clifford began to stand up from the couch, folding her newspaper under her arm.

"He's lying so badly, so badly." Luke started to dart off to the sand as Michael pretending to pounce at him.

Ms. Clifford gave him the family sized version of SPF 75 sunblock. "You better use all that up."

"Mom," he wined, "I'm not that pale."

She reached out, tugging on the long, white tank top that lined Michael's body. She held it up to his freckled arm. "Do you see this? You're the same damn color."

He huffed, turning his back to his mother. He grabbed his sandals and sunglasses, finally heading outside.

"Do you need a hat, Baby?" Luke taunted once again. He stood ten feet out, yet Michael could still see the stupid—yet extremely adorable—smirk upon his dark pink lips.

"Fuck off," he swore once closer.

"Do you need help getting that sunscreen on, Darling?" Luke continued once they began walking towards a good sunbathing area.

"Fuck you."

Luke leant into his boyfriend, sneaking in a peck on the cheek. "I'm just teasing, I love you."

"Would you help put sunscreen on?"

Luke laughed as he finally dumped their bag on the sand. "Yes, you big baby."

Michael itched at the fabric around his shoulders, "Promise you'll still love me after you see my tummy?"

"Babe," he cooed, sudden sadness filling over his head. "Of course I'd still love you. Don't ever doubt that."

Michael bit at his dry lips as he took the ends of his tank-top-dress, pulling it over his body. It left him in grey Soffee shorts. He felt uncomfortable in his body and Luke could see that.

Luke stepped closer, though, trying to ignore the pitting sadness in his gut. He started to put on the sunblock upon his pale boyfriends back. "I love your freckles," he said as his hands went over each brown spot. His lean fingers went down to the backs of his rib area, "I just love your entire body. I can't even pin point the things I love the most."

Michael wasn't sure if it was the sun or the words from his sunshine leaving a red tint upon his cheeks.

Luke applied more, not wanting his Mikey to get burned by the sun. His hands went over the sides of his stomach and the back of his neck. He dipped his fingers just centimeters underneath Michael's shorts, figuring that the shorts would move within the next hours. "So, so pretty," Luke said.

Michael turned around, finishing the rest of his body himself. He watched Luke undress himself before laying down on a blue beach towel. His rather fluorescent swim shorts were definitely blending in with his towel. Mike stopped himself from laughing.

Mike put his over sized tank top back over his shoulders.

Luke looked up at him through his tinted sunglasses, smiling at his boyfriend. He watched him lay down on his slightly less vibrant beach towel. "Man, I have no idea how I got so lucky," he low-whistled as his eyes traced down Michael's body.

"Stop it, Liar."

Luke laughed and lay flat on his back once more. "You're beautiful."

Michael pushed down the shirt more, letting it fall to his upper thighs, he put his arms below his head, letting his lavender scent fill their small space. "Thank you," he stuttered. He wasn't good at accepting compliments, he was better at denying them. He tried so hard to be as confident in public with his body as he was in the mirror. It was the stares of other that simply made him nervous.

"Are your parents okay with all the things you wear?" Luke asked. He meant it as a genuine question, yet suddenly regretted it as it came out rude.

"Y—yeah," he paused, "Are you?"

Luke let out a small chuckle, "Mikey, of course I am. I'm okay with whatever makes you happy."

Michael turned to his side, resting more comfortably as he traced over the point in Luke's nose. "Are you sure? I don't want to make you embarrassed or—."

"Mike," he interrupted, "Shut the fuck up."

Michael tried not to smile. "Sorry."

Luke didn't feel like right now was the right time to tell him to stop his constant apologizing. Michael never did anything wrong but constantly felt like it was his fault. "Princess, you make my life worth living."

For so many years, Michael has waited for those exact words to fall from someone's mouth. He couldn't possibly be more glad that those words came from Luke's mouth. He couldn't help but let a giggle fall from somewhere high in his falsetto.

Luke turned his head, "Wow, did your balls just rise or something?"

Michael rolled his eyes. "You just became annoying again."

Luke sat up on his knees. "What? Do I irritate you?" He asked with a smile.

Mike rolled onto his back, pretending not to notice the blonde coming closer to him.

The younger boy straddled his boyfriend, his hands on Mike's chest. "Tell me how much I annoy you, hm?" Luke leant down, kissing down Michael's neck. "I'm just so annoying, right?"

Michael giggled once more, the vibrations sending through both of their bodies. "There are children, like, thirty feet away."

"It's about time they learn about the wonderful world of homosexuality." Luke continued trailing his lips down Michael's body, kissing between his chest. "Such a beautiful boy."

Something felt off about the word boy falling from Luke's lips, but he let it go. He let it go as the feeling of his boyfriend's lips leaving marks on his neck drove him into a bliss he couldn't ever forget.