trente

trente

Luke sat next to a nearby creek, his feet in the water as he laid back in the dirt.

Humans are so little, Luke thought, we are literally absolutely nothing in the entire world. If we were the size of a white blood cell, then the galaxy would be the size of the United States.

Luke doesn't like thinking about death, but one day, we will all die. One day, there will be absolutely nothing left. Even human life forms with be a flash in the pan. Luke doesn't like thinking how he could easily die any minute.

He looked up at the water passing over his feet. He starts to wonder what would happen if he just fell in and stayed nose down. Would the house be quieter without him? Would his parents miss the screeches from his noisy amp and shitty guitar skills? Would Michael continue on without him?
Michael.

A beautiful boy. Michael is beautiful in every way to Luke. From his mini skirts to tight black jeans. From his freshly shaven legs or a little bit of stubble. From his green eye to his blue eye. Everything is beautiful about him. His milky, ghostly, extremely pale skin radiates in the dark night when Luke is supposed to be sleeping next to him.

Luke likes watching him sleep, he looks so peaceful and so unaware.

He picks up his phone, dialing the boy he loves so much.

"Mikey," he drones his name once the other line picks up.

"Hey, I'm a bit busy right now, are you al—?"

Luke shook his head and giggled. "So not alright. But, I started alright. I think we all start alright, you know? Like, we start as this blank canvas and then things happen and memories pile up. But, no. To answer your question, no."

Michael picks out the right brand of Tofu his mother likes and puts it in the cart. He furrows his eyebrows as he listens to Luke, but doesn't interrupt. He continues to walk through the grocery store, leaning against the cart and picking out junk food that was obviously not on the list his mother gave him.

"Are any of us okay?"

Mike looked around the empty aisle. "Luke, are you on something right now?" He whispered into the phone.

He giggled again and rolled to his side, getting his grey tee shirt dirty. "Maybe I am. Are you?"

"No, Luke. How about you tell me what you're on right now, okay?" Michael checked off the things on his mother's grocery list, making sure he didn't miss anything.

Luke looked up at the setting sky. "I'm not on acid, I think," Luke paused. "Fuck, Mike, I think I'm on acid."

Michael gave up on the list when Luke spoke again. "Okay, okay, stay there. Wait, where are you?" Mike made his way towards the check out line, fixing the blonde hair under his headband.

"I'm everywhere."

"Lukey, I need you to help me out." Michael rushed putting stuff on the conveyer belt. Well, as fast as he could while still holding his phone.

"Do you know that park by my house?" Luke asked. He kicked his feet up, laughing with water sprayed his face.

"I'll be there in ten minutes."

"Why? I'm not there!"

Michael took a deep breath. "Then why are you talking about that park?"

"I always liked that park. When I was younger, it was the only place my parents would let my brothers take me to. They were so convinced bad things would happen if we went any further. Ha, look at me now." Luke held his feet up in the air, "Why do we have toes?"