Epilogue

Mrs Alford,

Please find your completed commission piece enclosed. You will notice that it has gone through something of a transformation since you saw it last. But these things happen in art - as in life - and I sincerely hope it is still to your liking.

I tried exceptionally hard to capture your self-proclaimed coldness and emptiness but found myself hindered by the real you, who I feel I got to know well during these last few weeks of working together. Much of how I see you is evidenced in the selection of photographs from our various sittings. I think I've been able to successfully convey with these images that you are anything but cold and empty.

Of course, I trust your husband likes the final composition, but if he doesn't, please feel free to return it to my assistant at the address enclosed who will have it returned to me directly. I've grown quite fond of it.

In terms of our outstanding payment. I would very much like for you to donate whatever you feel is its worth to an establishment very close to my heart - The Borough of Islington Free Art College. 13 years ago an art class there changed my life, as did the first model who ever sat for me. In fact, the only model who has ever sat for me to this day.

So with that being said, please be generous.

Kindest Regards,
Aidan J Foley

Thank you for purchasing and reading THE PERSISTENCE OF MEMORY! If you can take the time to provide some feedback on the story using this form, it would be much appreciated.