Chapter One

(****Constructive feed back appreciated. Enjoy!*****)

      She shivers and pulls her coat tighter against her frail frame in an attempt to ward off Winter's bite. With a cigarette dangling haphazardly from her lips, she reaches into the depths of her coat in search of her lighter. But her fingers only grasp fleece. "Fuck!" She sighs in frustration and turns to put her cigarette back in the pack.

      "Need a light?" A lighter flicks on from the outstretched arm of a dark silhouette. She gratefully puts her cigarette back to her lips and uses the flickering flame to take a lengthy drag. She slowly exhales the smoke from her nostrils, closing her eyes in relish. With a smile she goes to thank her savior but her eyes only meet the space of a dark ally-way and the mottled shapes of an overflowing dumpster.

      Blinking hard, she shakes her head and mumbles under her breath. "....Weird." With newfound paranoia she finishes her cigarette and embarks on her path home from the club. The area was sketchy, but it was home to some of the hottest night scenes in Northern Georgia, and low-key enough for her to work there without voiding her scholarship.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

      This strip of town had become her salvation. When she was alone, starving, and on the verge of suicide...it found her. She had been looking for the address of a man who was said to have the best of anything drug related. She wanted something easy to overdose on – something to help her sleep forever. A coward's way out. But too many misleading directions from the mouth of a doped up Frat boy she had been stupid enough to trust had her stumbling into a part of town she had never heard of. A couple of uncomfortable stares from gruff-looking men had her turning around and ready to give up on her quest. Stupid, girl.

   But then she saw it, a new way...a better way, not out, but in.

      Two of the neon letters were dimmed out, however the sign was still legible in the afternoon glow- "Le Petit X". Surrounding the crumbling building were tall, beautiful women in skimpy outfits and vibrant makeup. A few were touching up their makeup through compact mirrors, some smoking, one even had a hand in her brassiere, lifting her breasts into place so that they were lifted in perfect alignment with her collar bone. Behind them, a poster read, "Auditions today. 2 spots left."

   Something unknown was urging her to step into that line.

      "Are you sure you're in the right place, honey?" The Brunette's words dripped in ridicule and disbelief. What are you doing here?

      She searched her feeble mind for some type of retort, but found nothing. She hung her head in shame, "I didn-"

      "We are a family here. We treat our sisters with respect." A soft voice said with more venom than seemed fitting for her harmonic tone. "Go."

      Jessica glanced up in time to see the brunette flip her a bird while marching away in her pumps. The Brunette ran a hand through her luscious curls and smiled coyly as if to say, You aren't shit, Little Girl.

      "I'm sorry about her. People like that don't have any place here." The woman's piercing grey eyes stared at Jessica sympathetically. "All of us start somewhere. I was like you once, you know. Gentle, green. But girls like that, well, bless her heart."

      "I-I didn't mean to cause a scene." Jessica stammered out with remorse. To her surprise the gorgeous blonde gave a bell-like laugh.