one

"louis," harry whined. it was early in the morning and he hadn't even had his coffee yet. he was not in the mood for louis' games.

"yes, harold?" he asked innocently, fluttering his eyelashes.

"baby, you know it's too early for this. give me my boot."

"you have other shoes, don't you?" he asked accusingly. harry sighed.

"lou," he asked warningly to which louis responded to by cocking his hip, the boot hanging from his hand.

"what?" he edged on, trying to get a reaction from his best friend.

"fine." he waited a bit before charging after him. louis squeaked as he started to run away. he ran towards to the door to his room, smiling at the fact that he was going to get away, but the smile vanished from his face, getting replaced by a look of shock when he felt a strong arm wrap around his tummy and pull him back.
he was lifted off the ground briefly, then against the wall, both hands pinned. he rolled his eyes at harry's victorious smirk.

"i'll take that, thank you." he said cockily, taking the boot from louis' grasp. louis pouted. "aw, poor baby." he cooed, kissing the side of louis' mouth to 'kiss the frown away'. once he finally let go of him, louis huffed behind him as he walked away.

"you're mean."

"m'not. now go put your shoes on, we're gonna be late."

-

"that'll be seven dollars and fifty cents." louis informed politely to the customer. she smiled before handing him her credit card. he gave it back after swiping it.

"thank you, here's your receipt. your drink will be ready in a minute." he gave her one last polite smile, which she returned.

"niall!" he called, "i need a venti double chocolatey chip frappe."

"on it!" he nodded. louis walked over to the goodies and grabbed a pink cake pop. he dropped it in the little brown paper bag and set it on the pick up counter.

he glanced at the clock, sighing in relief at the fact that his shift was almost over. just ten more minutes and he could go home and sleep all day. if harry let him, of course.

"can i get salted caramel mocha?" louis recognized the voice from the very first syllable.

"no, we don't serve curlies, sorry about that." he responded but typed down the order anyways. harry gave him the money.

"so why are you out so early?"

"margaret let us out early. we're celebrating her birthday tomorrow, by the way." louis nodded.

"niall, harry's usual, please!"

"got it! tell harry i say hi!"

"hi, niall!" he greeted. louis took off his green starbucks apron and put it away. he walked behind the counter and towards harry.

"hi, haz. missed you." harry opened his arms to accept louis' hug. louis breathed in his scent, smiling.

"i missed you, too, baby. how was work today?" they pulled apart. louis shrugged.

"boring, as always. how about you? was work okay today?"

"yeah, it was a slow day today. as slow as meg's can get, really." he answered, walking with louis to the pick up counter to get his drink. "you wanna head out or wait for niall?"

"niall's heading off to liam's in a sec. we should just go." harry nodded.

"liam's a handsome bloke, innit?"