5

"Scott?" Mitchell's soft voice intruded into Scott's mind. "You okay?" Scott opened his eyes, letting tears roll freely down his cheeks now. After seeing that vision, Scott had ran off into another room, trying to separate himself from the world.

"Am I okay?" He whispered. "I just watched my mom die. Mitchell, do you think I'm okay?!" He was screaming now, and his voice echoed around the domain. The angel scrunched up his wings, resulting in making himself 4 times smaller. 

"It's okay Scott. We can get through this together." Mitchell smiled, but was only greeted back with a cold glare from Scott.

"Together? Oh no. I am leaving this place as quick as I can." Scott looked around. "Is there an old lady I can save anywhere?" He threw up his hands in frustration. Mitchell walked closer to Scott. 

"Can I tell you something?" Mitchell whispered. Scott nodded, but kept his glare. "I had a mom too. And a sister." Mitchell smiled softly. "I always have to remind myself of her name. One day, I'll forget it, and that'll be the end." Mitchell shrugged, and Scott saw the first tear fall from his face. "They never got the choice to live. Straight to heaven for them." Mitchell whistled, wiggling his finger up to the sky. "I regret that day every second of my life." Scott had stopped crying, and was now listening intently to Mitchell. The angel sniffled. "I could've saved them." Mitchell closed his eyes, and Scott did the same, realizing it was another vision.

A young Mitchell without wings sat in a chair at the airport, texting his friend. "Are you sure you don't want to come with us Mitchy?" His mom asked. 

"No mom." Mitchell glared at the two girls. "You guys can go now." He waved them off, and they looked at each other, before proceeding to walk forward. He watched them enter the boarding area, and give their tickets to the attendant. His sister launched one last smile at Mitch, who just glared back. 

"That plane never made it to it's final destination" Scott opened his eyes. "They died immediately, and I knew it even before it started appearing on the news." Mitchell shook his head. "I tried cutting, I tried everything to kill myself because I had nothing left. That's how I ended up here." Mitchell wiped his face with the back of his hand. "It's not impossible, you know. You can actually touch me. Only temporary angels have this power though." Mitchell closed his eyes, and inhaled deeply. His familiar glow lessened, and then he opened his eyes again. "The shield is down." 

"Okay." Scott simply said. Mitchell looked at him with wide teary eyes. 

Scott put one hand on the angel's shoulder. Mitchell flinched, as if he had never been touched before. Scott placed his other hand on Mitchell's left shoulder, and stared him in the eyes. The blonde wrapped his arms around the small-framed man, and squeezed tight until he felt two small hands wrap around to greet his back. Their embrace was held long enough for Mitchell to stop crying, but he wouldn't let go. 

"I'm sorry." Scott breathed, and Mitchell buried his face into Scott's chest. 

"Me too." Mitchell stepped back, and looked behind him. "Should we go?" Scott nodded hesitantly. They walked out the arched doorway, and onto the street.