Special Chapter | Aris' Short Piece (Thompson Writes Champion)

Title: I Woke Up in A Different Side of My Bed

Written by: Aris Leanne Martin

" Then one day I woke up in a different side of my bed, where I realize I'm not in love with you anymore.

Maybe it's because of your voice I hear on my phone, singing me a song until I feel better or asleep. Maybe it's because of your hands which you use to wrap around me to help me feel warm and secure. Maybe it's because of your fingers where I lace mine and it will make me vulnerable like a vase. Maybe it's because of your words on my phone, weaved together like a poem even though you just said hello and it will mean a thousand things for me. Maybe it's because of your shirt I'm wearing, I can still smell your scent even if I washed it a hundred times in the laundry. Maybe it's because of your songs, the ones you use to woo me and dance with me and it will make me feel all giddy about you. Maybe it's because of your mistakes which made me think that you're not perfect after all and so was I and thought that it's okay that we're human. Maybe it's because of your smile I stare at which makes my insecurities hidden shut in a dark corner where I can never see them again. Maybe it's because of your laugh echoing in my ears and I hear them everytime I think about something funny. Maybe it's because of those sheets we use to cuddle in in which I feel your warmth even when it's raining outside. Maybe it's because of those tears I saw from your face and it made me think that you're not strong enough, or even brave enough to say goodbye. Maybe it's because of your kiss which made me left wanting for more and it's impossible to hold you close all the time because I know you need to go. Maybe it's because of your eyes, watching me as I change my clothes as you compliment every little flaws and scars I choose not to flaunt. Maybe it's because of you, being so impossible to let go and it will definitely destroy my heart, my universe and stars, and my aching body if I ever thought about stopping from loving you.

I woke up in a different side of my bed, where I realize I'm not inlove with you anymore.

It's not you, after all.

Rather I'm in love with the idea that you're in love with me as I am to you. "