~Chapter 31~

Zach

I walk away from Kaycee, feeling bad for ditching her like that. I run a hand through my hair as I hurry to my room. I enter the large room and slam the door closed, not caring if the noise woke the people in nearby rooms.

With a sigh, I hurry over to the phone and call room service. I quickly order some alcohol before hanging up. As I sit on the edge of my bed, waiting for it to arrive, I think about Kaycee.

Her smile, her brown eyes, her long, wavy light brown hair. She was perfect. She was mine. I want her so badly. I need her.

A knock sounds on the door, interrupting my thoughts. I stand up and walk to the door and open it. A young woman dressed in the ship's staff clothing stands there. Her black hair was held back in a bun, a few curls hanging out. On a cart beside her was a bucket with ice and in it was a bottle of wine and a single wine glass.

"How much would this be?" I ask her, pulling out my wallet from my back pocket. The girl bites her lip and thinks, looking down at the ground.

"Uh, it'll be $40, sir," she says, looking back up at me, a light bush in her cheeks. I nod and hand her two twenties. She takes them with shaky hands, obviously nervous to be in the presence of a Prince.

She grabs the bucket handle and the wine glass and hand them to me. I set them on the table by the door before closing the door. I turn and open the wine bottle and pour some of it into the glass.

I pace the room while drinking the wine. I look over at the clock to see it is a quarter till midnight. But I can't sleep. The wine might be the problem, but I knew that with or without the wine, I would get little sleep.

As I drink, I think about Kaycee and how harsh it was to just ditch her after dinner. How harsh it was in not telling her that things back home are going to shit. Not telling her what she does to me or how much I love her.

I finish the drink and throw the glass against the wall in frustration. The glass shatters into smaller pieces, the little bit of leftover wine stains the walls. But I didn't care.

I look to my right and spot myself in a mirror. I stand there, looking at myself. Black dress shoes, black trousers, and black flannel. All black today. My hair is messier than normal as a few strands hang in front of my eyes.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath before walking into the small kitchen in the room and grabbing another wine glass. I head for the door and grab the wine bottle from the bucket before heading out the door.

~

Five minutes later, I arrive at Kaycee's room. I lean my right shoulder against the door frame, wine bottle in my right hand and the glass in my left. I raise my left hand and knock on the door. My left hand returns to my side as I stare at the white door in front of me.

I hear an irritated groan from inside and light footsteps heading towards the door. The door swings open and an irritated Kaycee appears.

"It's 12:30 at night, who the hell is-" she stops when she sees me, a blush creeping onto her cheeks, making her undeniably perfect.

"Oh, h-hey Zach," she says quickly, tucking a strand of loose hair behind her ear. I give her a small smile before looking down at the glass in my left hand, raising my arm slightly.

"I couldn't sleep, so I thought, maybe you would like to have a late night drink with me," I explain with a half smile, "but it's okay if you don't want to," I quickly say, looking past her at the table in her room.

"I would love too, Zach," she says with a giggle, which made my need for her stronger. I nodded before entering the room. It was identical to mine. A small kitchen with a couch and tv. In another room is the bedroom.

I set the wine on the table before pouring some into the glass.

"Only one?" She asks, sitting opposite of me. I look at her, confused before understanding.

"Oh, yeah, I had only one glass in my room," I explain, setting the glass down before sitting down, "I figured you had one in here,"

Kaycee shakes her head before reaching over and grabbing the glass before sitting back and taking a drink of it.

"No, I don't," she says, setting the glass down and licking her lips, "looks like we're sharing," she sends me a smile and I return it before taking a drink of the wine.

"So, answer me this," she says, grabbing the glass and taking a drink, "why'd you storm off earlier?" I take the glass and stare into it at the remaining wine inside before moving the glass in a slow, circular motion.

"I, uh, I had to go take care of a few things first," I say, glancing at Kaycee as she stares at me. I take a drink of the wine, finishing it. I set the empty glass on the table and none of us makes a move to refill it.

"I'm, uh, sorry about ditching you," I say, breaking the silence.

"It was a pretty harsh thing to do," I nod and look down at the table.

"Indeed, and I'm sorry," I say as she stands up and walks over to the my side of the table and grabs the wine bottle and glass and sets them on the counter in the kitchen. She turns around and leans against the counter, arms crossed and looking at me.

"You know, at the ball months ago, when you asked me to be your date for it," she starts slowly, choosing her words carefully, "Why? Why'd you choose me over any of the countless other girls that would kill to even stand next to you," I stand up as well and walk towards her until I am there feet from her.

"Well, you aren't like the other girls, who are willing to kill just to look at me, which is a crime," I say and smirk when she rolls her eyes with a smile at the same time, "plus you aren't anything like Miranda,"

"That's good, I guess," she says, biting her lower lip while staring at the ground, "though I'm not as pretty as her," that is when I lost all control. I destroy the distance between us and place my hands on either side of her face and kiss her.

She is surprised by this, since she tenses at first, but relaxes and places her hands on my chest as she returns the kiss.

I soon break the kiss and stare into her eyes, admiring the color of them.

"You are the most beautiful woman I have ever seen, Kayc," I say, meaning every word of it, "stop comparing yourself to Miranda. You're kind and caring, she's not," then I kiss her again. The kiss starts off gentle but slowly becomes heated as I lift Kaycee up and set her on the counter.

"Zach," she says softly in between kisses. I feel her fingers in my hair as she deepens the kiss.

"You have no idea what you do to me," I say between kisses as I pull her off the counter. She wraps her legs around my waist as we had towards the door leading to the bedroom. I manage to open it and I carry her to the bed and lay her down on it.

I step back and walk over and close the door, proceeding to lock it. I then walk back to bed while working in removing my shirt. I take it off and toss it in the floor before hovering over Kaycee and kissing her.

"I love you so much, Kayc," I admit before moving to kiss her neck. I hear her moan as her fingers once again tangle themselves in my hair.

"I love you to," she replies breathlessly. I move away from her neck and smile down at her, moving a stand of hair from her face.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" I ask softly, twirling the strand of hair around my finger.

"Yes," she replies, "more than anything," I nod before kissing her again. The ocean outside could be heard as our clothes are removed, one by one.