~Chapter 11~

~Kaycee~

I enter the mansion and am greeted by Thedrick, who smirks at me as he approaches. I drop my gaze and start walking in the direction of the staff rooms.

"Welcome back, cookie," he says and I stop where I am and look back at him, eyebrow raised. He just stops and smirks down at me, hands in his jean pockets.

"Cookie?" I ask, crossing my arms. He shrugs, still smirking.

"It suits you,"

"How so?"

"You're as sweet as a cookie, burnt or not," he answers with that stupid cheesy smirk. I just stand there in silence before rolling my eyes and walking off. He chuckles and runs to catch up to me.

"C'mon cookie," he says and I sigh irritably at the stupid nickname, "don't play hard-to-get on me, cause it doesn't work," I ignore him as I turn a corner into another empty hall. I quicken my pace before a hand wraps itself on my waist and pulls me towards their owner. I find myself in a tight embrace with Thedrick, who smirks at me, hands on my hips.

I put my hands on his chest, trying to shove my way out of his embrace, but he has a firm grip. He chuckles before pulling me closer.

"Thedrick.." I protest, still trying to get away from him. He then begins to lean in and I panic. I raise my hand and put two fingers on his forehead and push his head back. This causes him to loosing his grip in shock and stare at me in both shock and confusion.

"What the..."

"No means no, Thedrick," I say and walk off.

~~

A week later and the night of the ball is upon me. I put on the long black dress that reaches my feet and trails a bit behind my ankles and has a slit on the right leg up to right below my knee. I let my straight, brown hair down. I put on the black heels before entering the bathroom to put some mascara on.

I exit the bathroom and double check that I have everything before heading out of the door. I walk down the halls, occasionally passing maids, who gave me a friendly smile.

I eventually get to the doors leading into the ballroom. I take a deep breath before entering the room. The room was filled with fancy dressed people, all drinking wine and talking to one another. In the middle of the bright room, a few people danced together.

I instantly felt awkward and out of place. This is a whole different world than what I am used to. I was torn between staying or just turning around and leaving.

"Kaycee!"

I look to my right at the sound of the voice. Evelyn walks hurriedly up to me in a red, knee high dress and black heels. Her hair in a waterfall braid. She smiles at me as she hugs me.