~Chapter 19~

Kaycee

I walk down the hallway towards my room after a few hours of working on my designs. I am planning on visiting my cousin Izabella and her two children and having lunch with them.

I enter my room and put my designs on a shelf before changing into more comfortable clothes and grabbing my keys. I lock my door before walking down the halls of the mansion towards the door. I turn a corner and run into someone, causing me to drop my bag, which spills it's contents.

"I'm so sorry," I say quickly, bending down to pick up the bag and it's lost items. The person bends down as well and helps me. By the look of their hands, I can tell the person is a man. I look up at the man and blink in shock when I see Thedrick there, smirking his usual smirk, his green eyes showing both mischievousness and joy.

"Why do we always meet like this?" I ask, trying to hide my embarrassment. Thedrick chuckles and stands up, the bag in his hand.

"I guess it's fate," he replies and I laugh softly.

"Maybe," I reply softly before accepting the bag.

"Where are you off to?" he asks suddenly and I raise an eyebrow, "I'm just curious, cookie,"

"I'm going to see my cousin," I reply with a kind smile and Thedrick nods. I take a close look at his jaw and see a small bruise there, indicating the spot where Zach punched him a week ago.

"Listen, Thedrick," I say awkwardly, "I'm sorry that Zach punched you,"

"Why are you apologizing?" Thedrick asks, "it wasn't your fault, and besides, it's no big deal,"

"Yes it was my fault and yes its a big deal," I say, "you two are brothers, not enemies! You should love not fight!" I go to say more, but something interrupts me. My eyes widen slightly when I realize Thedrick is kissing me. I hesitantly return the kiss, closing my eyes and my body takes over by having my arms wrap around his neck. I hear the sound of feet approaching, but my body pays no attention to the fact that our privacy will be violated.

The sound gets louder then suddenly stops before continuing, this time sounding angry as they stormed past us. When the person is gone, I break the kiss, cheeks heating up.

"I'll , uh, see you later," I say before walking away hastily.

~

I arrive at my cousin's apartment and enter the lobby. I press the buzzer leading to her apartment.

"Yes?"

"Hey, Iza, it's me, Kaycee," I say softly and I hear a gasp.

"Come on up!" I smile before walking over to the elevator. The doors slide open when it arrives and I wait for the people to leave before walking in. I press the floor of her apartment and I wait for the elevator to reach it.

I walk down the hall and find her door. I knock three times and walks a few seconds before the door is opened and I am hugged by two little girls.

"Hey you two," I say with a smile as I look down at their blonde heads.

"Sarah, Abby, let Aunt Kaycee in," Iza says and the two girls run back inside, giggling. Iza then steps forward and wraps me up in a hug.

"I haven't seen you in forever!" She says, stepping back, a smile in her face, "We have so much to talk about!"

I follow her into the apartment and into the kitchen, where she has prepared milk and Oreos, which sits on a platter on the island.

"Milk and Oreos, Iza?" I questioned, sitting down at the island, "grandma used to always give us this for a snack," I stare at the platter with a sad look and Iza smiles comfortingly, sitting down beside me.