[pt.10] The Reunited

Start from the beginning

At last I reached the door. I touched the sacred marriage insignia on my chest and gritted my teeth, feeling anxious and elated at the same time. Then I took a deep breath before knocking the door thrice.

“Come in.” came the answer. It was the deep stern voice of Lord Mikael; there’s no doubt about it. I steadied myself, then slowly opened the door. Lord Mikael was standing near a table, his hand holding a goblet. As I stood watching, he emptied the content of the goblet and put it on the table. I held my breath when I noticed he had bloodstains on his clothes, and that his tunic was ripped open right across his chest, exposing the insignia similar to mine. I was glad to see him, but I didn’t like the possibility of him being injured. “Good timing.” He said when he saw me, “Could you lend me a hand?” he pointed to a stone basin full of water on the table.

I put my canvas bag down and walked towards the table. There’s a clean cloth next to the basin, and I dipped it into the water. “Are you injured somewhere, My Lord?” I asked him carefully as I wiped the dirt and stains on his face. I tried to keep my hand steady, but it’s difficult to do under the intense gaze of those mesmerizing black eyes. My heart was throbbing like crazy.

“I’m feeling okay. Especially now that you’re here.” He mumbled, just when I noticed fresh blood on his upper left arm.

“Excuse me, My Lord..” I reached for his arm and gasped when I saw a deep cut. I mentally blamed myself because I didn’t place a stronger ward to protect him. Now I cautiously wiped the blood around the wound and sealed it with my healing power. “is there any other wound?” I asked him.

Lord Mikael shrugged his shoulders. “I don’t think so.” He answered ignorantly, still gazing at my face intensely. I averted my eyes, flushing red; why he kept staring at me that way?

I gently reached for his right arm to check for any injuries; I didn’t believe he had no more. I found a few sratches and bruises, and healed them easily. The next thing was his torso..and Lord Mikael had deliberately took off his tunic. I found a few bruises there, and healed them too while trying hard not to be intimidated by his well-built figure.

I hesitated when I was about to check his lower regions. Lord Mikael noticed my hesitation and chuckled. “You’ve seen me naked before, my wife.” He teased me. I felt my cheeks redden; to remember the fact that he’s my husband… “Here.” He pushed down his slacks. I gulped before I kneeled down and began to wipe his legs clean. They appeared to be uninjured.

After a while, Lord Mikael was clean and unscathed. He didn’t look at all like a warrior who had just come back from a battle. I turned away, trying not to stare to much at his magnificient naked body.

“I..I will fetch you some clothes, My Lord..” I stuttered, stumbling towards the wardrobe, but Lord Mikael stopped me by gripping my shoulders.

“You know that won’t be necessary..” he hissed, moving both of his hands down to my waist. Yes, I knew..I knew that he wanted me. And I wanted him too..I just couldn’t say it; how could I? That would be..improper.

Lord Mikael turned my body around to face him. I looked up at him sheepishly. In return, he grinned and swiftly lifted my body up high as if I was weightless and brought me back down. I yelped in surprise, unconsciously wrapping my arms around his neck and my legs around his hips to prevent me from falling. But of course I wouldn’t had fallen because Lord Mikael’s grip on me was firm. He smiled at me, seemingly amused by my reaction. I felt so ashamed and tried half-heartedly to disentangle myself from him—of course he wouldn’t allow me.

My pulse quickened when I stared into his blazing eyes. His fire of passion spread onto me, making it hard to control myself. Before I knew what I was doing, I had already leaned forward and captured his lips in a fervent kiss. He seemed startled yet pleased, and instantly returned the kiss.