Chapter Fifteen

Kai and I drove to his house and we headed towards the backyard. What does he have to show me? And why is it in the backyard?

Kai continues walking towards the forest and I stop for a second. "What's wrong?" He asked me. "Why are we going in the forest?" "My surprise is in the forest. You said you trust me."

"I do trust you, it's just---" "I won't let anything happen to you. I swear." "Okay." Kai puts his hand out to me again and I hesitantly take his hand. "Trust me. You'll love it." "Will I?" "Yeah." Kai and I walk into the forest and we're walking hand in hand further into the forest.

"Why exactly is this surprise in the forest?" "Because you can't really see the surprise, unless it's online." "Um. Okay." I guess I should wait and see whatever Kai has in store for me. We continued walking into the forest and make it to a clearing. "It's pretty quiet out here." I commented.

"Yeah. Sometimes, I come out here. It helps me think." "Makes sense. It's practically silent." I then hear rustling around us. "Did you hear that?" I said. "Hear what?" "I heard rustling." "Really?" "Yeah."

"Maybe we should go back." I said as I let go of Kai's hand and started walking back the way we came. "Wait!" Kai stops me and I turn around and see two wolves walk into the clearing.

I quickly hide behind Kai and he doesn't move an inch. I hesitantly look from behind Kai and the two wolves just seem to be playing with each other.

One had light to almost dark brown fur and it's eyes were a dark brown, and the other had dark grey fur to almost black fur and it's eyes were a dark gold, almost brown. The lighter wolf spots us and starts walking towards us. I hide back behind Kai and I hear the wolf whimper.

"Tiana, he's harmless. See?" I come from behind Kai and I see him kneeling in front of the wolf and he starts petting his ears. "Kai, that's a wolf. They aren't harmless."

"There's a pack not too far from where we are and they've never attacked us. These wolves are from that pack. They won't hurt you. I promise." The darker wolf comes towards us and he was a larger than the other. Kai pets the larger wolf and the smaller one comes towards me.

I hide behind Kai again and wolf realizes I'm afraid of him. He lies down on the ground and looks at me. I look in his eyes and I see that they're sad. I take another look at the wolf's entire face and I slowly make my way towards him.

I hesitantly reach my hand towards the wolf and he meets me halfway, so I'm touching the top of his head near his ears. I slowly relax and the wolf takes notice and he puts his head on my lap. I smile a small smile and continue petting his head.

"He likes you." Kai said and by the sound of his tone, he wasn't too happy about it. "He's so soft. Does he have a name?" "No. There are too many of them to give each of them names." "How many are in the pack?" I asked.

"I can't remember. Maybe 11 or 12?" "Oh. That's a lot." "Tell me about it. The larger wolf comes towards me and I pet his head while he whimpers with delight. The wolf's tongue slowly starts to come out and it strangely reminds me of Chanyeol.

I giggle at the though. "What's so funny?" "This wolf reminds me of Chanyeol a little. Just by how he behaves." "Interesting." Kai said indifferent.

"Was this the surprise?" I asked Kai. "Yeah. In a way it was." "It was nice. Different, but nice." I say with a small smile.

"I'm glad you liked it." Kai smiled. We head back to the house and we see D.O, Xiumin, Lay, Sehun, and Tao in the kitchen. "Hey lovebirds." Sehun smirked. My cheeks instantly get warmer and I close myself off.

"Shut up Sehun. You don't know their story." Lay said. "If you guys don't mind, I'm going to take Tiana home." "Bye lovebirds." Sehun and Tao said as they made kissy faces at us as we're leaving. "God, I hate those two." Kai murmured.