Don't run away from me chapter 38

Start from the beginning

“What you don’t like it?” I asked, quite perplexed in his sudden change of behavior.

“I do, but, I just don’t like the idea of you wasting your life for me” his eyes says the truth as it was being clouded by his emotions.

I wasn’t taken aback as he spat those words due to his given personality, he’s caring and he treasures every people he met; but there’s something in them that hissed right into my heart, “W-what?! I am not wasting my life! As a matter of fact it’s worth it!, you know how damn I am madly in love to you Eve….so at least let me protect you.” I thrown my arms around his body, and I am more confused now as he trembled in fears.

“I- ah~ damn it…it’s happening again…at least promise me you would never do the same mistake of my father…because Ash I need you, and I’d die if you lost your life because of me…” he said as his trembling eyes gazed at me still etched with different emotions as he stared at me, “If you’ll die like my father protecting me then you better prepare yourself because I will kill you too!” he hissed as he started sobbing again.

“Is that the reason why…..you left me? Us?” I asked as I wiped his tears away with my thumbs as my hand found his cheek cupping it in the process.

Eve nodded his head as he took a deep breath, “I actually never thought that we would come back here, I mean my mom was devastated after seeing my father get torn apart by a we-….werewolf.” he said as he lower his head until his gaze met his foot.

I frowned after hearing him, werewolf? We are not allowed to kill humans even if they hurt us, that’s against the rule of the spirits, unless they have committed a crime, like killing our mate, or revealing our identity to other people.

“Eve…I-I…I’m sorry but we are not allowed to kill humans unless we need too to protect our pack,” I said as I cupped his face again.

Eve nodded his head, “D-don’t worry, that wolf was different I actually thought he was wearing a costume that’s until you revealed that you are a werewolf, but, he’s different, something like he’s like a human, but the appearance is a wolf-like…It’s hard to explain..” Eve sighed after trying his best to recall but ended up getting nothing.

His words were quite sketchy though as he recalled his past, “You mean his body still resembles a human body but he was already a wolf? And they can stand with only two feet?”, Eve nodded his head as he continued listening to me,

“Eve those are not us, I mean a werewolf, something like a Lycan, or it can also be us but it’s rare” I said.

Eve gaped at me as he nodded his head, “I didn’t catch you there, you were saying not a werewolf, and now a werewolf?” he admitted as his face showed a confused features.

“A werewolf can only become like that if they were unable to transform back to their original state as if something’s holding them up, for examples their emotions, like…like the death of their mate, once the wolf is driven with anger they can turn into those, and they are more powerful as their hatred fuels their strength, and far more dangerous.”