BTW BTW BTW BTW BTW

When I first got pushed into the idea of writing a rant book, I never imagined that I would write a rant every day. I was thinking maybe once a week or so I would actually kick my but into writing. However, I can't help but feel super satisfied to the finished product of my writing. I mean I know this is no novel or even a short story, but writing has always been something that I have struggled with. Now I get to share my opinion and practice my writing. And with that note let's move on to the rant!

      Today's topic is not the most in-depth or controversial; it is just something that I have come across as of late. You know those lovely author's notes before and after, and sometimes in the middle, of a chapter? Yeah those. How many people read those? I know I do. Most of the time I really, really like getting to read a note from the writer, but sometimes they really, really annoy me. They do not even need to write something relevant to the story, and I have come across some authors who have some of the best notes before or after their chapter! When the a/n are in the MIDDLE of the chapter and have NOTHING to do with the chapter, I just want to bang my head against a table. I have no problem with a/n that are relevant to the story in the middle of a chapter. When it isn't relevant and is more than a few sentences long, I think "Hey the chapter is done" and sometimes I just skip the rest of the chapter. There was one author whose story I read and I missed the second half of multiple chapters because they liked to put a/n in the middle of the chapter and they were multiple paragraphs that had nothing to do with their book, but promoted other books. Let's just say I ended up putting that book on hold for a while so I wouldn't be irritated while reading it.

      The other time I get really, really annoyed at a/n is when an author apologizes every single chapter. This isn't so bad while the story is ongoing, but I have come across stories that have been completed more than six months ago and the author is constantly apologizing to the readers about posting. It is great to be sorry, but when you are constantly apologizing then something is going wrong. If you need to apologize for not uploading every chapter maybe you need to not put out a schedule of when you are going to update. People (well most of them) understand that authors have lives outside of Wattpad, and shit happens, and gets in the way of updating. So don't feel like you need to apologize every single chapter. If you don't believe this feel free to look through books you have read to see if you spot any with this authors note trend. If your book is completed maybe think about getting rid of all the apologies? I'm guessing readers that read after your book is completed aren't going to know that you didn't post right on time every time. So why let them know?

A/N- Sorry I'm not even sorry. Really, really.