Oh God Oh What Did I Say

*DALLONS POV*

It doesn't take long before we all finish eating, but of course we had to sit there for another half an hour making pointless small talk.

"So how about you show Brendon your room dal" mom says while taking the dirty dishes "And us grown ups can go talk in the living room"

I stand up and Brendon follows "Don't mess this up" my dad whispers to me as I walk out the room. Why is he like that?

I show Brendon upstairs, he's gone pretty quiet. He's just looking at his phone again, I keep hearing text notifications, he probably has loads of friends.

"Nice room" he says looking up.

"It's OK, I guess"

"I like all the posters and stuff. Cool bands"

I don't really know what to say next, so I just cough.

"So... do you want to watch tv?"

"Yeah sure, is friends on?"

"Yeah I love that show" I smile and sit on the end of my bed, he sits next to me. I turn on the tv and we watch friends.

"So, my mom says we're going the same school. Do you want to walk with me?"

"Yeah ok" he smiles at me and puts his phone away. "Do you walk with any other friends?"

"Um no, just me"

*AN Sorry for the short chapter but I'm a bit busy rn.

Would it be better if I made short chapters more often or longer chapters posted less frequently?