The Conversation Begins

*DALLONS POV*

"Hey sweetie" my mom says opening the door and walking into my room, and I look up to her and smile.

My moms really nice, she's always asking how I am, she spends too much time worrying about me and whether Im fitting in or not.

My dads different, I mean I know he loves me and all that but, he can just get so angry sometimes.

"I just wanted to let you know that the Uries will be over here in about half an hour, so make sure your ready"

"Yeah OK, thanks" I reply. She nods and walks back out. Leaving the door ever so slightly open. Goddamn it, that's so annoying.

I'm already dressed so I'll just listen to music for a bit. I put on my headphones and lie back on my bed, close my eyes and kinda fall asleep.

****

I wake up to the sound of a doorbell ringing through the house.

And then my mother welcoming the uries and inviting them inside, soon joined by my father who's full of fake smiles.

"Dallon sweetie, the uries are here. Would you please come down stairs now"

I stand up straighten out my clothes and take a deep breath in. I can do this I think to myself. I mean how hard could talking to other people be?

I made my way downstairs and walked into the living room, I saw my mom and dad sat on one side of the table and the uries on the other side.

They looked so happy, like they're all good at meeting new people.

My mother patted on the seat next to her guesturing for me to come over and then I went to join them.

"Boyd, Grace, this our son dallon" my dad joins in.

The man who I assume is Boyd outstretches his hand over the table, which I lean over to shake.

"Hello dallon, this is my wife grace," she then waves with a bright smile "and our son brendon"

"Hi" he looks up from his phone and waves to me.

I mumble back a "Hey" trying not to act too flustered by him acknowledging me.

"Please, come sit with us in the dining room" mom announces

"Yes, dinner will be almost ready" my dad adds with a slight chuckle. God, why are they so fake.

We eat food and then my parents talk with the uries about some stupid stuff like how was the move? and how do you like the neighborhood?

I don't really say much, I just try to listen. Brendon says a lot though - unlike me, he (and probably everyone else on this planet) can actually start and continue a conversation.

Lucky him.