01

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀Amira Farah Eslava⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀ ⠀⠀⠀⠀•19 more days.

"ok i'll be back with your food in a few minutes." the waiter said as she walked away.

right now i'm at red lobster with my best friend, Leila. we barely see each other since she's a freshmen in college. she's also been having problems with her boyfriend lately so i decided for us to have a lunch date.

"so how's you and kalin doing?" i asked her obviously knowing the answer she's going to give me.

she sighed and looked at me, "we're not doing so well and i don't know why. i mean when we first moved in with each other everything was fine until he started complianing about how we never spend time with each other anymore. moving in with each other just made us fight all the time."

"i told you all it would do is cause problems but you never wanna listen to me." i announced.

she didn't repsond back and just looked behind me. i raised an eyebrow looked behind me to quickly turn back around.

"uh Amira do you know them?" she asked referring to the group of guys that i saw when i looked back.

i shook my head no and kept silent. she stared at me possibly waiting for me to tell her the truth but all i did was keep silent. luckly the waiter came just in time with our food and made her stop staring.

after we finished eating and were about to head out i was stopped by somebody grabbing my hand.

"well hello youngin." a lip biting Nate greeted me.

"well hello Nate." i replied mocking him which earned me a smirk from him.

"so i didn't see you at the record store this morning." he said.

Leila looked at me and smiled walking outside.

"well you see i coul-"

"uh the food is done and already at the table." a tall blonde guy interrupted me.

Nate nodded and the guy left.

"i have to go but meet me at seven grand tonight at 8."

"isn't that a bar?"

he nodded.

"how am i supposed to get in a bar when i'm only 17 Nate?" i questioned him.

he shrugged, "fake id, duh."

"and where will i get that from?"

"i know a guy but it's gonna cost you."

after negotiating on whether i'm gonna get one or not i finally decided that i'm gonna buy it just for the sake of getting to be with Nate. he put the guys number in my phone and went back to his lunch date with his friends leaving me with a huge smile on my face.

  ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀***

"you look fine." Leila assured me as i looked in the mirror for the third time in two minutes.

"i just want to look right for him." i pleaded.

she laughed and shook her head.

"you're really into this guy?"

i nodded and bit my lip.

"you got the id?" i asked her.

she went in her purse and held up the id before handing it to me. i examined it and exhaled really loud.

"it's 7:45, i think we should get going." she told me.

i looked in the mirror one last time before heading to the bar.

10 minutes later

"call me if anything happens." Leila said while driving off.

i checked the time on my phone to read 7:56. i stood in the line that formed in front of the bar and looked around to see if i could find Nate anywhere but sadly i didn't.

a couple of minutes past and the line hasn't moved a bit. my feet are starting to hurt from standing and i'm getting tired of hearing people arguing over who's paying for who's drink. getting ready to leave, i received a phone call from Leila.

"how's it going?" she questioned me.

"not so great." i said finally sitting down on a large rock.

"what's wrong? what did he do?"

"he got me waiting in a queue for a bar i'm pretty sure i can't get into." i complained as i watched older people get in line.

"may-"

i looked at my phone to see Nate calling.

"let me call you back." i told her picking up Nates call.

"where are you?" i semi-yelled at him.

"what do you mean?"

"i'm at the bar and its past 8."

"oh yeah, plans changed."

"what do you mean plans changed?"

"what i'm saying is that you can leave the bar."

"ARE YOU SERIOUS?" i screamed into the phone.

he chuckled.

"i bought my fake id for you."

as of right now my voice is cracking and i can already feel tears starting to form in my eyes.

"well keep it for another time."

a tear escaped my eye so i ended the phone call. stepping out of the line, i called Leila to come pick me up.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀***

finally home in my pajamas laying in bed, i grabbed my diary and the pen that was laying next to it.

dear diary,

he had me waiting in a queue
for a bar i can't get into.
i'm not old enough for him
i'm just waiting 'til i'm eighteen.

nineteen more days.

REMINDER: never buy a fake id for anybody.

as i finished writing i shut my dairy and placed it back on the dresser. closing my eyes, i prayed in my head that tomorrow won't be as bad as today.

⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀•••

⠀⠀i know that sucked but it'll get ⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀better, i promise.
⠀⠀⠀- arabic princess, jada.