Shattered | Lines

(Sequel to Blurred | Lines)

It's been a trying seven months for Lian. From keeping the safety of her Faction to trying to find her once-dead mother but hitting dead ends, she isn't sure where she fits in anymore. It's not a matter of what she wants anymore, but what she's commanded to do, and it nearly questions and defies everything she's been taught or believed in.

Everything was once crystal-clear for her and her boyfriend, Eric, but now, as she learns what true struggle is, everything isn't so perfect. From her or him. And telling him lies or refusing to tell him the truth hasn't helped their relationship at all.

Or made it even slightly easier.

But she's got bigger problems.Jeanine Matthews has managed to manipulate all of the other leaders, but Lian doesn't know who or what to believe. She wants to believe her father, but she wants to believe that both him and her boyfriend are right, but more importantly, she wants to make the right decision.

And with signs of her mother all around and rumors that a greater force is above them all, she's questioning the hand of cards she's been dealt. So far, it doesn't look like a good one.

She needs to know where she lies on the chessboard, whether she's a expendable pawn, a manipulated knight, or if she'll become the next queen. She wants to know whether her boyfriend loves her, or whether he's just using for the weapon he made her into; the soldier that follows his orders and commands without question; the soldier that's more than willing to sacrifice her life if necessary.

And with a new pack of initiates to look out for, questioning him isn't easy or even an option without repercussions.

Her world is changing and fast. Either she'll run with it or against it. But somehow, she will be dragged down if she doesn't choose properly.

And to find the answers she seeks, she might just have to shatter every line that she learned how to maintain and keep. Is she ready to shatter the lines despite what lies ahead?

The first chapter is up! Go and read!