Nineteen

I linger in the hallway for Zella and Mason, slowly becoming restless.

Turning away from the corridor, and the supervision of Lauren and Four, I start to jog down the stairs, before an arm slithers around my waist. It tugs me back and my back slams into pure muscle.

I turn around, my hands pressing against Eric's chest.

"Oh god, I thought you were someone else." I shake my head, clearly relieved.

"Nope," He tells me, popping the p. "Just me, kitten."

I tuck my hair behind my ear, and start to pull my hands by my sides. Eric grabs my wrists, and smiles.

"How'd fear landscape go?"

"Good. I was in for two minutes." I tell him, and his lips quirk in a smirk.

"How was the trial or whatever?" I question.

"It was fine. Your father had him hung over the chasm for five minutes. He survived. Of course, I would've done more, but majority rules." Eric replies.

"So what? He's on punishment?"

"He's suspension and under surveillance." Eric replies.

I nod, before he strokes my cheek. "You'll be checking on him?"

"Of course. All of this is for your safety, kitten." He smirks.

"Stop smirking at me, Eric, and do what you really want to do."

"Well, what I want to do has to wait, so, I suppose I can settle." Eric smiles, a flash of his teeth, before his finger rests under my chin, tilting my head.

His lips sweep up my own into a fevered kiss, sending a fire into my stomach.

I nip at his lower lip, our lips pressing firmly together. "God, how are you good at this?" He utters against my lips.

"I'm Dauntless born, baby." I mumble, smirking. "I'm good at a lot of things other girls wouldn't be good at."

He pulls away, smirking. "Like what, kitten?"

"You'll just have to find out, won't you?" I smile adoringly.

"I can't wait." He smiles, and kisses me again. I kiss him again, feeling intoxicated.

He pulls away, lips hovering inches away from my own.

"Patience is a virtue, Erudite born." I tell him, grinning.

"I was Erudite, kitten." He smiles, tugging my lip into his mouth.

"I'm aware," I tell him, mumbling against his lips. I pull my lip from his, before he crushes his lips to mine.

I giggle, before I pull away. He laughs, pulling away from me.

"I have never been so hypnotized by a woman's lips in my life."

"I swear, you're a drug. I still taste you." I tell him.

"Well that's good. And my intention."

I laugh, before he squeezes my hips. "I'll see you at my apartment tonight."

"See you." I tell him, pecking his lips.

I slide past him, walking towards the Pit. I head straight towards the Tattoo Parlor, looking around for Bud.

The air conditioner blasts cool air and I take a moment to get adjusted into the temperature difference.

I settle on the tattoo of the Dauntless Manifesto on my left side, going across my ribs. I grab the template, cradling it in both my hands, before walking to Bud's booth, knocking.