What Makes Us Human

-Hiro-

"What?" I say still very confused.

"Remember when you saved me from getting beat up by her a while ago." She questions.

It takes me a second, but then I remembered. The day of the super convention. She got beat up by Julia and had bruises and blood all over her.

"Yeah... Why?"

"You knew she was acting weird right?"

She was definitely acting weird. We were old childhood friends. But ever since Vi entered town its like she's a whole new person.... wait....

"Just what are you trying to say?" Vi takes a deep breath and speaks.

"Like I said before, she's being controlled by a madman."

"How do you know this?"

"When I was looking for the picture, I accidentally hit the picture frame and Julia's diary came out. Thats where I found the picture. But thats also where I read her diary entries." She pauses for a second as if every word counts.

"Throughout her entries she explains a strange dark figure following her every night. She would try to remember what the person said to her, but it was like a chunk of her memory was missing every time she sees him. She knows she is being controlled, but she can't do anything about it. Julia claims there is something put on her to follow the mans every orders but also forget anytime she came in contact with him."

"So it wasn't really her trying to make you miserable." I say slowly. "It was the man."

"You got it."

"What does he want with you though?"

"Thats what I would like to know. So I'm going to my mother." Vi says calmly.

"Your mother?" I ask confused again.

"She knows a lot about these things. So if I tell her the problem. She could tell us what it is and just maybe how to stop it from controlling her."

"Can I come to?"

"Uhh yeah sure." She says a bit hesitant.

* * *

We arrived at Vi's house and went inside.

"Hey Mom I'm home!" Vi says in a cheerful voice.

"Hey sweetie! Oh look you brought company!" Her mother says.

"Hello I'm Hiro Hamada." I say while taking out my hand. She gladly shakes it.

"Hello I'm Violet's mother!"

"Mom we need your help." Vi says with a sudden change of voice.

"Sure anything!"

"In your past experiences, have you ever came across something that manipulates peoples minds and controls them?" There is a brief silence.

"Is this for your mission?"

"Umm kind of I guess...." Vi says slowly.

"Well I have come across something like that."

"What is it?"

"Its caused by something called the nuerotransitive. And before you ask, no, it is not magical or has any sort of supernatural stuff to it. Its completely mechanical and in order for it to work, it has to be put inside your brain." How is this even possible?

"By doing that, whoever is controlling the person is using a controller that interferes with your nervous system. The controller is connected to that piece inside the brain. It can make you do something you dont want to do by creating its own nerve impulses. This can effect the way you act and even think."

"If there was someone who was controlled by this nuerotransitive. How could you stop it?" I say.

"Well." She takes a brief pause. "There are two options. Either destroy the controller completely or remove the piece from the brain."

Either way its risky. The controller is probably safely hidden or guarded and we have no idea who is controlling her. While removing the piece from the brain could cause major internal damage by one tiny mistake.

"Thanks Mom" Vi says with a smile while leaving the table and to the door.
"Come on Hiro!" She says. I get up and go to her. Before I walk out the door I turn and ask a question that has been boggling my ming for the past minute.

"Mrs. Parr?"

"Hm?"

"You said that the nuerotransitive can change the way you think.... Does that mean the it can make you love someone?" She looks at me with concern but she fades to a smile.

"Hiro, remember these words Im about to tell you." I waited for her to speak.

"This technology can make you hate, cry, or fear something. But it can never manipulate love no matter how strong it is. Its a special thing that we have. Its what makes us human." She says with a bright smile.

"Thank you." I say as I close the door to follow Vi.

PHEWWW THIS WAS A LONGGGGG CHAPTERRRR.
And I added a picture. Ur welcome :)

COMMENT FOR MORE ❤️

updates coming soon!